In-depth consultations directly with an NHS trained consultant surgeon
Surgeon-led and managed care throughout for a truly personalised approach
Walk in and walk out the same day with anaesthetic techniques adopted from the USA
Comprehensive aftercare programme
Financing options available
Call us on 020 7993 4849 / 0900 – 1730 Mon – Fri
The hands are known to be one of the first places the tell tales signs of ageing becomes apparent mainly because they are always exposed to sunlight. From visible veins to loss of fatty tissues giving a bony appearance, natural ageing is definitely not kind to the hands as the signs may start showing from as young as the age of 40. While the saying goes ’40 is the new 30′, so it is no surprise that hand rejuvenation treatments are increasingly getting popular among both women and men.
Hand Rejuvenation Treatments
There are various hand rejuvenation treatments available today and the procedure depends solely on the individual’s needs and preferences. Whether you need wish for the wrinkles on your hands to be banished or your hands are starting to look too bony, hand rejuvenation treatments can help turn back time.
At Centre for Surgery, we strive to offer a full range of hand rejuvenation treatments.
- To treat bony appearance of the hands as well as prominent veins
- Fillers are injected at multiple areas of the hands to reshape and enhance the appearance
Fat transfer / Lipofilling
- To add volume to bony and veiny hands
- Excess fat is first removed from any area of the body, such as the abdomen or love handles with Lipomatic
- The accumulated fat is then re-injected to the hands to add a linear deposit of fatty tissues helping achieve a more youthful appearance
- Treats wrinkles, sun damage or discolouration
- A chemical solution is applied to the hands and then peeled
- Treats hands by sanding off the damaged layer of skin with tiny crystals
- Treats loose or wrinkled skin
- The procedure is performed under local anaesthesia
- Excess skin is removed and then sutured back
All patients should be in good health and have realistic expectations about what can be achieved with hand rejuvenation treatment.
We do not treat patients below the age of 18 years of age.
Healing is better if patients refrain from or quit smoking.
The hand rejuvenation procedure is performed purely for cosmetic purposes, to help improve one’s image and self-esteem.
- Ideal for those who are starting to see signs of ageing on their hands
- For those whose hands may have started to appear very bony and also may have prominent veins
- For sun-damaged hands or for those who have started noticing visibly dark spots
The consultation begins by having an opportunity to discuss your ideas, concerns and expectations about the hand rejuvenation procedure with your surgeon, and ask any relevant questions you may have.
Your hand rejuvenation surgeon will:
- Take a focused history and examine you
- Explain the hand rejuvenation procedure
- Take your needs and preferences into account when deciding on the most appropriate treatment option for you
The aftercare after a hand rejuvenation treatment will have to be discussed with your surgeon as it varies depending on the procedure you have opted for.
However, you can expect some swelling and bruising of the hands right after your procedure, which should fade quickly over time. Ice packs should be applied to the area if too painful. You will most likely have to avoid the sun as well as keep your hands constantly clean for the first week.
During your consultation, the surgeon should also give you detailed information about the potential complications associated with the hand rejuvenation procedure you may be opting for.
All surgical procedures come with a certain degree of risks, but fortunately side effects after hand rejuvenation treatments are known to be quite rare.
Some common potential risks are:
- Swelling and Bruising that may lead to bleeding and infection
- Allergic reaction to anaesthesia or chemicals used for some procedures
- Loss of sensation; temporary or in some cases permanently
- Fat re-absorption after fat transfer
Am I a good candidate for hand rejuvenation treatment?
An ideal candidate for hand rejuvenation treatments is someone who may feel that the signs of ageing such as wrinkles, dark spots or even veins are becoming more apparent.
Which hand rejuvenation procedure is right for me?
The right procedure for you will depend on your needs and preferences and must be discussed with the surgeon during your consultation.
What is the recovery period like?
Expect some swelling and bruising right after your hand rejuvenation treatment, which will fade over time.
What are the complications associated with hand rejuvenation treatment?
Some common risks associated with the treatments are:
- Swelling and bruising
- Infection and bleeding
- Loss of sensation, could be even permanent but very rare
- Allergic reaction to anaesthesia or chemicals used
- Re-absorption of fat when fat transfer is involved
Are the results permanent?
Some procedures like fillers usually last from 3 months to a year, but fat transfer can be very long lasting.