Free consultations directly with a surgeon
Surgeon-led and managed care throughout for a truly personalised approach
Walk in and walk out the same day with anaesthetic techniques adopted from the USA
Comprehensive aftercare programme
Financing options available
– Excess weight on your legs
– Heaviness and discomfort of the legs
– Your upper body and lower body are completely different sizes making clothes shopping very difficult
– You have a small waist, but large hips and thighs
– Your excess weight does not include your feet or hands
– You can lose weight from your upper body but not your lower
– Your lower body bruises easily
- Some members of your family are or were a similar shape
Then you may be suffering from Lipoedema.
Lipoedema is is a condition that makes you accumulate fat below the waist, often giving you hips, buttocks and legs that are out of proportion with your upper body. It can also affect your arms.
78% of Lipoedema sufferers questioned in a 2014 survery stated that they developed symptoms between the ages of 18-25 but only 7% received a diagnosis at that time. Many people take decades to realise that they have Lipoedema and are constantly dismissed by the medical profession over the years and told that the excess fat ‘Is their own fault’. It is believed that more than 15% of the female population may suffer from Lipoedema.
Whilst no known cure for the condition currently exists, in 2008 the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) recognised liposuction as an appropriate method for managing and alleviating the symptoms.
Liposuction performed using specially designed cannulas are employed to treat lipooedema. Centre for Surgery is one the leading UK centres for the treatment of lipoedema using the lipomatic technique.
The Lipomatic technique employs the use of infrasonic vibration to break up and remove the fat whilst respecting the lymphatic system – this is of key importance in the treatment of lipoedema.
Liposuction for Lipoedema Treatment is not currently available on the NHS.
- Lipomatic is a minimally-invasive long-term solution to chronic lipoedema not responding to non-surgical treatments such as diet and exercise.
- Lipomatic is performed under local anaesthetic (no need for intravenous sedation, general anaesthesia, or overnight stay)
- Downtime and recovery is minimal – patients can return to normal activities in 3 days.
- Minimal risk of scarring and no sutures are required – the tiny incisions heal very quickly
- Very low risk of bleeding complications means minimal bruising and swelling
- Centre for Surgery are the only UK healthcare provider performing the Lipomatic technique for Lipoedema Treatment. No other NHS or private provider offers the same service.
The aftercare is of vital importance in achieving optimal outcomes following lipoedema surgery. Centre for Surgery employ both expertly applied compression garment application and manual lymphatic drainage therapy for optimum results.
Lipomatic for Lipoedema
What is Lipoedema?
Lipoedema is a condition that makes you accumulate fat cells below the waist, often making your hips, buttocks and legs out of proportion with your upper body. It can also affect your arms.
What Lipoedema treatment is available at Centre for Surgery?
Centre for Surgery are the only healthcare provider in the UK to perform lipomatic for lipoedema. Lipomatic is a minimally-invasive long-term solution to chronic lipoedema not responding to diet and exercise.
How is the procedure performed?
Lipoedema treatment is performed by removing the excess fat cells with liposuction using lipomatic. Lipomatic is performed under local anaesthetic making the whole experience very pleasant.
What is the recovery period like?
The downtime for this lipoedema treatment is minimal and patients can return to normal activities in 3 days.
Will I be left with scars?
The incisions are tiny and will heal quickly after your surgery. The risks and scarring are minimal and no sutures are required.