Consultation Cancellation Policy
Cancellation or rescheduling of your appointment with less than 72 hours notice prior to appointment will result in forfeit of the £25 consultation deposit.
If you wish to cancel/reschedule – please call 0207 993 4849.
Procedure Cancellation Policy
If the Patient wishes to reschedule the date for a Procedure, an administration fee will apply as follows:
-14 days or more notice: £100; or
– 3 to 13 days notice: £250.
– within 48 hours will be treated as a cancellation under the terms set out below
This policy does not affect the 14 day refund period (see section 6)
If the Patient reschedules the date for a Procedure, and then seeks to cancel the Procedure, the relevant date for the purposes of cancellation is the date the Procedure was originally booked for.
In accordance with best practice guidelines, MS recommend that the Patient consider all aspects of proposed Procedure for at least 14 days after the first consultation (either with Patient Relationship Manager or the Surgeon (the “Cooling Off” period). For up to 14 days following the first consultation, should the Patient wish to cancel the Procedure, any deposit and monies paid for the Procedure are fully refundable, with the proviso that the company has been notified in writing either by email or by recorded post to Scheduling department, M Sarwar Ltd, Unit 2 Colne Way Court, Colne Way, Watford WD24 7NE.
If a patient cancels after the Cooling Off period, the following monies would be retained or payable (as appropriate) to defray some of the costs incurred:
- Cancellations made over 3 weeks prior to the date of the Procedure: 30% of the total cost of the Procedure.
- Cancellations made 8-21 days prior to the date of the Procedure: 60% of the total cost of the Procedure.
- Cancellations made 7 days’ or less prior to the date of the Procedure: 90% of the total cost of the Procedure.
- Cancellations made on the day of the Procedure: 100% of the total cost of the Procedure.
Should the patient wish to proceed with a Procedure in the first 14 days following the first consultation (i.e. the Cooling Off period) then any deposit or monies paid during this period will not be refunded and the terms set out in above will apply.
Should the patient arrive for a Procedure that involves any type of anaesthesia other than local anaesthesia, and it becomes clear that they will not have an adult companion to take them home or be with them for the first 24 hours post procedure, the Procedure will be cancelled and a refund will not be provided.
Cancellations for medical reasons:
- Cancellations necessary due to previously unknown medical conditions will be rescheduled where possible. If after reasonable consideration the indicated medical condition prevents rescheduling of the Procedure, then a full refund of the monies paid will be given to the Patient. If the unknown medical condition is discovered on the day of the Procedure, MS will retain sufficient monies to cover reasonable costs incurred up until that point.
- Cancellations on the day of the Procedure due to pre-existing medical conditions which were known by the Patient but undisclosed prior to the Procedure will not result in fees being refunded.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to provide all requested medical information no later than 2 days before the procedure date. Failure to do so may result in the Procedure being cancelled and fees would not be refunded in this case.
- If the Procedure is abandoned intraoperatively due to unforeseen medical conditions, MS will retain sufficient monies to cover reasonable costs incurred in performing the part of the Procedure up until its abandonment and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
If you have any questions or queries please contact your patient co-ordinator directly.