PROTECTION FROM COVID-19 TRANSMISSION
Last updated: September 1st 2020
Since re-opening, following the lockdown, Centre For Surgery has taken precautions to maximise the safety of both patients and staff whilst in clinic, in line with the UK government advice. We aim to be fully compliant with the PPE guidance from NHS England. As such, the following has been put into place:
- Before attending the clinic
- Staff and patients will not attend the clinic if they or anyone in their household feel unwell and consider that it is related to Covid-19 (symptoms such as new and continuous cough, high temperature – 38.2 degrees C or above, loss of smell or taste)
- If symptomatic, staff and patients will isolate for 7 days or until symptoms subside. If anyone in their household is symptomatic, they will isolate for 14 days.
- All patients undergoing procedures will be required to self-isolate 7 days before their procedure.
- At the clinic
- Patient screening
- Pre-appointment: Patients will have an initial virtual consultation. Once invited to attend the clinic, patients will be given guidelines to be aware of and follow.
- Upon arrival to the clinic, patients will be asked to confirm and declare that they do not display Covid-19 symptoms and have not been in contact with anyone display said symptoms
- Protective Equipment
- Upon arrival, all patients will be issued a surgical mask.
- The receptionist will wear a visor whilst interacting with patients
- All staff will wear a surgical mask when interacting with patients
- Social Distancing
- Waiting room capacity has reduced to enable the 2m rule to be in place.
- Patients are therefore asked to attend clinic unaccompanied.
- Patients are asked to attend clinic 10mins before their appointment, at the earliest. This is to reduce patient to patient interaction.
- All patients seen in the clinic are invited to attend by our booking team. Walk-ins are not permitted into the clinic.
- Infection Control
- Patients are asked to use hand sanitiser upon entering and before leaving the clinic
- Surgical masks are issued to all patients
- Leaflets are removed from the waiting area and we no longer offer tea or coffee
- Clinical staff will wear appropriate PPE for different tasks, as advised by Public Health England.
- Clinic toilets are only be used by patients undergoing surgical procedures and by clinic staff.
- Before any TIVA anaesthesia procedure
All patients deemed suitable for TIVA anaesthesia will be required to take a Covid-19 diagnostic test and have results before their scheduled surgery.
They will also be required to self-isolate for 7 days after their procedure.
More information will be given by our clinical team.
For any clarification, please call our booking team on 0207 993 4849.