Centre for Surgery is open for all consultations and procedures. All of our services are delivered in line with UK Government guidelines and we are fully complaint with the PPE guidance from Public Health England and NHS England.
Centre For Surgery has taken precautions to maximise the safety of both patients and staff whilst in clinic, in line with UK government advice.
Below are procedures we have in place to keep patients and staff as safe as possible.
Before attending the clinic
- Staff and patients will not attend the clinic if they or anyone in their household feel unwell and consider that it is related to Covid-19 (symptoms such as new and continuous cough, high temperature – 38.2 degrees C or above, loss of smell or taste
- If symptomatic, staff and patients will isolate for 7 days or until symptoms subside. If anyone in their household is symptomatic, they will isolate for 14 days.
- All patients undergoing procedures will be required to self-isolate 7 days before their procedure.
At the clinic
- Patient screening
- Pre-appointment: Patients will have an initial virtual consultation. Once invited to attend the clinic, patients will be given guidelines to be aware of and follow.
- Upon arrival to the clinic, patients will be asked to confirm and declare that they do not display Covid-19 symptoms and have not been in contact with anyone display said symptoms
- Protective Equipment
- Upon arrival, all patients will be issued a surgical mask.
- The receptionist will wear a visor whilst interacting with patients
- All staff will wear a surgical mask when interacting with patients
- Social Distancing
- Waiting room capacity has reduced to enable the 2m rule to be in place.
- Patients are asked to attend clinic unaccompanied.
- Patients are asked to attend clinic no more than 5mins before their appointment, at the earliest. This is to reduce patient to patient interaction.
- All patients seen in the clinic are invited to attend by our booking team.
- Walk-ins are not permitted into the clinic.
- Patients are asked to use hand sanitiser upon entering and before leaving the clinic
- Leaflets are removed from the waiting area and we no longer offer tea or coffee.
- Clinical staff will wear appropriate PPE for different tasks, as advised by Public Health England.
- Clinic toilets are only be used by patients undergoing treatments and procedures and by clinic staff.
Before your procedure
- All patients deemed suitable for a procedure will be required to take a COVID-19 diagnostic test and have results available before their scheduled procedure.
- Patients undergoing TIVA anaesthesia will also be required to self-isolate for 7 days after their procedure.
More information will be given by our clinical team. For any clarification, please call our booking team on 0207 993 4849.