The development of varicose veins often leads many people to consider the potential treatment options available to get rid of them. Seeking varicose vein treatment on the NHS is likely to result in a limited choice of treatment options which may be focused on non-invasive methods including wearing compression stockings for several months. This can often result in worsening of varicose vein symptoms and may increase the risk of developing complications.
RELATED: What are varicose veins?
The best way to get rid of varicose veins and relieve symptoms is to seek early treatment with clinically proven varicose vein removal treatment carried out by an expert vein specialist in London. Our specialists will conduct a thorough clinical assessment of your legs which will include a free ultrasound scan to enable the selection of the most appropriate treatment or combination of treatments to get rid of your varicose veins permanently.
RELATED: The treatment of varicose veins
What are the best varicose vein treatments?
The most effective varicose vein treatments have superseded surgery for varicose veins which enables people to have minimally invasive treatment with little downtime. The old methods of surgical vein stripping carry a much higher risk of complications and we do not perform this procedure at Centre for Surgery. We focus on providing three highly effective treatments for non-surgical removal of varicose veins including:
- EVLA: also known as endovenous laser ablation, EVLA is the first-line laser treatment for varicose vein removal and is considered the gold standard treatment by the National Institute for clinical excellence. EVLA involves heating the vein using laser energy which results in the sealing of the varicose veins from within leading to its eventual reabsorption by the body.
- Sclerotherapy: this treatment is designed to get rid of varicose veins by causing inflammation within the walls of the vein leading to its collapse and occlusion. The treatment involves the injection of a chemical sclerosant and can be converted to foam for the treatment of larger and wider segments of a vein. Liquid sclerotherapy is ideal for smaller varicose veins while foam sclerotherapy is better suited for larger varicose veins.
- Phlebectomy: phlebectomy is a minimally invasive technique to physically remove varicose veins using a small vein hook inserted via a small incision followed by its extraction. The skin incision is very small and is, therefore, no requirement for skin stitches.
RELATED: Varicose veins recovery
How to choose the best varicose vein clinic
- Make sure your varicose vein treatment is performed by a vascular specialist.
- It is important to ask about your doctor’s experience in treating varicose veins using gold standard methods including EVLA.
- Your vein specialist should be able to offer the full range of varicose vein treatments including EVLA, foam sclerotherapy and phlebectomy for permanent eradication of varicose veins.
- As part of the clinical assessment, it is compulsory to have an ultrasound scan of your legs to accurately localise the diseased veins. Many clinics do not offer this and may not be following NICE guidance for the best treatment of varicose veins.
- Ask your vein expert to show you their before and after vein treatment photos so you can get a good idea of what kind of results to expect.
- View patient testimonials and reviews to learn about the patient experience. Reputable review sources include Google reviews and Trustpilot reviews.
- Ensure the clinic is regulated by the Care Quality Commission or CQC for short.
RELATED: Best Treatments for Varicose Leg Veins
What varicose vein treatment results can I expect?
Varicose vein removal using EVLA is regarded as the most effective and safe technique to get rid of varicose veins when performed by an expert vascular specialist. When you have your consultation, ask to see examples of before and after photos of people who have had varicose vein treatment to give you an idea of what to expect.
Why choose Centre for Surgery for varicose vein removal?
- Our specialists focus on minimally invasive treatment for varicose veins and for thread vein removal on any part of the legs
- Our vein experts have many years of experience in carrying out EVLA or endovenous laser ablation with the latest technology.
- All of our varicose vein treatments are considered the gold standard treatments as recommended by the National Institute for clinical excellence.
- Most treatments take no more than 60 minutes to perform and you will be able to go home once the procedure is complete.
- Our doctors are regularly asked to comment on the latest varicose vein treatments in the national and international press.
- We carry out hundreds of varicose vein treatments each year at our state-of-the-art vein clinic in Marylebone.
- Our treatment philosophy is to focus on the underlying cause of varicose veins and your treatment will be carried out by a fully accredited vascular specialist.
If you would like to book a varicose vein consultation with a vascular specialist, please get in touch with us today on 020 7993 4849 or complete the varicose vein contact form below.
Varicose vein treatment is available at 106 Crawford Street.