Labia Minora Reduction in London
Many women have concerns about the size, shape or outline of the labia minora which are the inner folds that are positioned either side of the vaginal opening. Enlarged labia minora can be due to hereditary factors, stretching from childbirth or the aging process. The procedure of labia minora reduction aims to change the size of the labia minora for optimum aesthetics.
Labia minora reduction is the most common type of labiaplasty and is a surgical procedure for reducing the size of the inner labia. There are two types of factors for performing labia minora reduction – functional and aesthetic. Functional reasons include discomfort in wearing certain types of clothing, playing sports or discomfort from sexual intercourse. Labia minora reduction is also performed for purely aesthetic reasons. Although there the range of normality is broad when it comes to the appearance of the labia minora, labia minora reduction is able to provide a robust treatment solution for all types of labia sizes and shapes.
The excess labia minora on one or both sides is carefully trimmed with precise surgical techniques and the newly reduced tissue is closed with dissolvable sutures which do not need to be removed at a later appointment. Labia minora reduction is easily and comfortably performed with local anaesthetic +/- oral sedation. TIVA general anaesthetic is also an option if you wish to be asleep for the procedure. The whole procedure takes about 1 to 2 hours, and all patients are able to go home several hours later for their recovery.
Labia Minora Surgeon in London
Dr Dimitriadi is a true highly specialised expert in her field of aesthetic gynaecology and Women’s health and is highly experienced in labia minora reduction. She has dedicated her practice to a small number of gynaecological procedures that she performs frequently. Being trained as a gynaecologist and with her extensive background in Women’s health allows her to assess you in a holistic manner as she regularly performs gynaecological procedures for conditions such as endometriosis, menorrhagia and other common conditions affecting women of childbearing age. We do not subscribe to the ‘Jack of all trades’ model of medicine. All specialists at Centre for Surgery perform procedures within a very focused remit for optimal outcomes.
If a patient wishes to be considered for liposuction, abdominoplasty or breast surgery, Dr Dimitriadi often works very closely with her plastic surgeon colleagues, Dr Tillo and Dr Mitsakos. It is quite common for procedures to be combined and our plastic surgeons are able to perform procedures such as liposuction in the same procedure alongside Dr Dimitriadi.
- All-female team for your consultation, procedure and aftercare – Dr Dimitriadi has hand picked a highly skilled team of specialist female nurses.
- Significant experience in all types of labia minora reduction – wedge resection, trim method and de-epithelialisation.
- Choice of local anaesthetic or general anaesthetic.
- We own and manage our own surgical facilities. Properly performed labia minora reduction takes time and should not be rushed. Dr Dimitriadi performs a maximum of two procedures in a day. We do not cram 5-6 procedures into one day like other providers. You want your surgeon to be well-rested and mentally and physically sharp to perform labiaplasty to get the very best results.
- Dr Dimitriadi lives and works in London. We don’t work with ‘fly-in, fly-out’ surgeons. This is very important because whilst your surgeon takes all precautions to minimise complications, complications can and do occur and our surgeons are readily available to manage any issues if and when they arise.
SCHEDULE YOUR LABIA MINORA REDUCTION CONSULTATION
To find out more about the labiaplasty procedure, why not give us a call on 0207 993 4849 and speak with one of our expert patient coordinators and make that first step to a new you.
Labia minora reduction cost
What is included in my treatment package?
- As many preoperative consultations with your surgeon as you like to make sure the procedure is right for you
- Treatment at a specialist day surgery facility recently rated ‘Good’ by the CQC
- Enhanced same day discharge with the added benefits of recovering in your own home
- 24/7 clinical support from your surgeon for first 48 hours and our expert postoperative support team
- Your very own dedicated patient coordinator
- In-depth preoperative medical assessment to make sure you are fully fit for your procedure
- Exceptionally high standards of postoperative care described as ‘outstanding’ by the CQC with regular telephone and face to face checks