Centre for Surgery are experts in all types of vein removal procedures. Our vein specialists focus on providing the most effective treatments for both varicose veins and thread veins affecting the legs. Our treatment philosophy is to provide gold standard vein removal treatments with little or no downtime so that you can return to your daily activities almost immediately. Here, we cover the best vein removal treatments in London.
What are varicose veins?
Varicose veins are prominent veins found most commonly on the legs and ankles. They most commonly have a purple or blue colour and bulge outwards which makes them highly visible. Varicose veins occur due to underlying valve dysfunction in the deep leg veins. These tiny valves function to propel blood in the correct direction towards the heart. When they stop working efficiently, blood can flow in the opposite direction. The stagnant blood flow results in swelling and bulging of the veins. Varicose veins can also cause several other symptoms including burning sensations, leg cramping or itchiness affecting any part of the leg or ankles. Although many people may experience no symptoms from varicose veins, the presence of varicose veins often signifies problems with the underlying deep veins of the leg. We would therefore recommend having a detailed clinical assessment by an expert vascular surgeon at our London clinic.
What are the best treatment for varicose veins in London?
There are several effective varicose vein treatments available at our London veins clinic. Our specialists focus on the most effective varicose vein removal procedures using minimally invasive techniques which allows the widest possible range of patients to benefit from varicose vein laser treatment.
- EVLA – endovenous laser ablation is the most commonly used procedure for varicose vein removal. EVLA is a minimally invasive procedure utilising laser fibres to get rid of problematic leg veins with a local anaesthetic. Recovery time is rapid after EVLA and allows patients to return to normal activities as soon as possible. EVLA makes use of duplex ultrasound scanning technology to precisely locate diseased veins prior to laser treatment. Success rates are high with EVLA with vein occlusion rates as high as 96% at our London vein clinic. EVLA is considered the gold standard treatment for vein removal as recommended by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence or NICE for short.
- Sclerotherapy – this non-invasive treatment involves injecting liquid sclerosant into the affected veins. Liquid sclerotherapy induces an intense inflammatory reaction and causes the vein walls to harden and occlude. The affected veins are then naturally reabsorbed by the body over the weeks and months after the procedure. Sclerotherapy treatment is designed to treat smaller varicose veins which may not be amenable to treatment with EVLA.
- Phlebectomy – this procedure involves avulsing the affected veins by making tiny incisions through the overlying skin followed by the insertion of a vein hook to gently tease out the affected veins.
Varicose veins clinic London
Our expert vein clinic is located on Crawford Street in Marylebone. The clinic is easily accessible from other areas of London and the rest of the UK including Chelsea, Fulham, Battersea, Soho, Regents Park, Knightsbridge, St Johns Wood, Fitzrovia, Marylebone, Holland Park, Mayfair, Belgravia, South Kensington, Primrose Hill, Victoria, West End, Green Park, Notting Hill, Kings Road, Hampstead, Highgate, Putney, Barnes, Wimbledon, Harrow, Watford
Why choose Centre for Surgery for varicose vein removal?
At Centre for Surgery in London, our vein specialists have many years of experience in treating all types of varicose veins using gold standard vein removal treatments including endovenous vein ablation. Our vascular specialists are renowned for their expertise and commitment to providing the highest standards of medical care.
Our Crawford Street clinic in London is home to the most advanced vein removal technologies which our veins experts use to deliver first class medical outcomes.
- Our varicose vein treatments do not involve significant downtime or prolonged recovery.
- Our vascular specialists are experts in EVLA (Endovenous laser Ablation) and have treated many patients at our London clinic.
- Our treatment philosophy is to address the underlying cause of your faulty veins and the treatment will only be performed by a consultant vascular surgeon with expertise in all types of varicose vein treatment.
- All of our varicose vein treatments are recommended by the National Institute for clinical excellence with success rates exceeding 96% after five years.
- Treatment takes no more than 60 minutes and you will be able to recover in the comfort of your own home later the same day.
- Our surgeons are regularly asked to comment in the national press on the latest advances in varicose vein treatment
- Our focus on achieving optimal treatment outcomes has resulted in many patients recommending their friends and family to us.
If you would like to find out more about varicose vein treatment in London, please get in touch with us today on 020 7993 4849 or complete our varicose vein online contact form below to book a detailed vein consultation with a vascular specialist today.