Most people have heard of a rhinoplasty, which is commonly referred to as a nose job. This is a surgical procedure which involves reshaping the nose. This is a popular procedure for both women and men, as well as people of a range of ethnicities.
Rhinoplasty surgery is a popular procedure, and it’s easy to see why – the nose is such a prominent and noticeable feature of the face. However, while some people want to change the shape or size of their nose, they don’t want to undergo an invasive surgical procedure. Fortunately, there are other options available.
What happens during the non-surgical nose job?
Prior to any procedure, you will need to have a consultation with a surgeon. This will allow you to discuss your reasons for wanting the procedure and your desired outcome. By the end of the consultation, you will have an idea of the results and have reasonable expectations about what can be achieved.
The average non-surgical nose job will take about 30 minutes to complete. The dermal fillers will then be injected into various points of the nose to achieve the desired look. The nose will then be reshaped. You will be awake throughout the entire procedure, so you can see the results immediately.
What results can I expect from a non-surgical nose job?
Non-surgical nose job isn’t considered to be a replacement for surgical rhinoplasty, but it is an effective way to change the shape of the nose without the need for surgery. While you can have a dramatic reduction in size and structure with surgery, non-surgical rhinoplasty uses fillers to alter:
- Dorsal humps
- Irregularities of the Nasal bridge
- Tip of the nose
- Asymmetrical nose
- Flat or low bridges
- Crooked noses
Those who are looking for small modifications to their nose, rather than a reduction in size, are considered to be ideal patients for non-surgical rhinoplasty. Those who are wanting their nose to be surgically shaved, have a nose that is too wide or too long, or have difficulties breathing, are not suitable for non-surgical rhinoplasty.
What are the benefits of having a non-surgical nose job rather than a surgical rhinoplasty?
Benefits of a non-surgical rhinoplasty include:
- Anaesthetic: the procedure will be performed under a local anaesthetic. This means you will be awake the whole time, but you will not be able to feel any pain or discomfort.
- Outpatient procedure: non-surgical rhinoplasty is considered an outpatient procedure, so you will be able to return home once the effects of the local anaesthetic have worn off.
- Cheaper: for those who are on a budget but still want to change the appearance of their nose, non-surgical rhinoplasty can be an attractive solution, as it is far cheaper than surgery.
- Shorter recovery: you won’t have to worry about a long recovery period. You will be able to resume your usual day-to-day routine after two days. You will have to avoid putting any pressure on the nose for around five days. You will have to avoid sleeping on your side or front – try and sleep on your back. You may notice bruising which should subside after five days. Unlike a surgical rhinoplasty, you will not have to wear any garments or splints following the procedure. However, you will have to avoid wearing glasses for a few weeks, as this may alter the shape of the filler.
Unlike a surgical rhinoplasty, the results of a non-surgical rhinoplasty will not last forever. As the procedure involves using fillers, the results will last about 9 to 12 months. This time frame will vary depending on what type of filler is used. Individual factors, such as metabolic rate and physical activity, will also have an impact on the longevity of the results. This is a suitable procedure for people who are not ready to commit to a full surgical rhinoplasty but still want to experience what results they can achieve.
While a non-surgical rhinoplasty will never be able to replace surgical rhinoplasty, it is considered a good alternative for those who are looking to make small adjustments to their nose and improve the aesthetics and proportions of their face.
Interested in a non-surgical nose job? Contact Centre for Surgery today for more information or to book a consultation.