Fat Dissolving Injections in London - Get rid of double chin fat
Double chin injections, also known as submental fat dissolving injections or chin fat injections, is a popular non-surgical cosmetic procedure in the UK that can reduce the appearance of a double chin with Kybella or Belkyra. The injections are designed to target submental fat, which is the fat that accumulates beneath the chin and breaks it down over time.
The most commonly used injection for double chin reduction in London is called deoxycholic acid. Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body that helps to break down fat cells. The injectable form of deoxycholic acid used for double chin injections is approved by the FDA and is considered a safe and effective treatment.
The procedure involves multiple small injections of deoxycholic acid into the fat beneath the chin. The number of injections required will depend on the size of the treatment area and the amount of fat that needs to be removed. The procedure is typically performed in a healthcare provider’s office and can be completed in about 15 to 20 minutes.
The injections may cause some mild discomfort or burning sensation, but this is usually temporary and can be managed with local anaesthesia or a topical numbing cream. After the procedure, patients may experience some swelling, redness, or bruising in the treatment area, but these side effects are usually mild and resolve on their own within a few days to a few weeks.
The results of double chin injections are not immediate, and it may take several weeks to see a noticeable reduction in submental fat. Most patients require multiple treatments spaced several weeks apart to achieve their desired results. The effects of the treatment can last for several years, but the longevity of the results may vary depending on factors such as the patient’s age, genetics, and lifestyle habits.
As with any cosmetic procedure, it is important to discuss the potential risks and benefits of double chin injections with a qualified healthcare provider before undergoing the treatment. Not all patients are good candidates for the procedure, and it is important to have a thorough consultation with a doctor at Centre for Surgery to determine if this treatment is right for you.
Double Chin Injections Before And After
Am I suitable for chin fat injections?
Fat-dissolving injections, such as deoxycholic acid injections, can be an effective treatment for reducing submental fat and improving the appearance of a double chin. However, not all patients are good candidates for this treatment.
Patients who are generally considered good candidates for fat-dissolving injections are those who have submental fullness or a double chin that is caused by excess fat. It is important to note that this treatment is not intended for patients with loose or sagging skin under the chin, which may require a different treatment, such as a neck lift.
In addition to having excess submental fat, ideal candidates for fat dissolving injections should be in good health and have realistic expectations for the results of the treatment. They should also be willing to commit to multiple treatments, as several sessions are typically required to achieve optimal results.
Patients who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have a history of allergies to the ingredients in the injection should not receive fat dissolving injections. Patients with a history of bleeding disorders or taking blood-thinning medications should also avoid this treatment.
It is important to have a consultation with a qualified healthcare provider to determine if you are a good candidate for fat dissolving injections. The healthcare provider can assess your individual needs and goals and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan for you.
What are the pros and cons of double chin injections and chin liposuction
Double chin injections and chin liposuction are both cosmetic procedures that are used to reduce the appearance of a double chin. While they are both effective treatments, each has its own set of pros and cons that patients should consider before deciding which procedure is best for them.
Double Chin Injections:
- Non-surgical: Double chin injections are a non-surgical treatment that involves minimal downtime and little to no scarring.
- Safe: Double chin injections have been approved by the FDA as a safe and effective treatment for reducing submental fat.
- Minimal discomfort: While some discomfort may be experienced during the injection, local anesthesia or a numbing cream can be used to manage any discomfort.
- Natural-looking results: Double chin injections provide natural-looking results that can gradually improve over time.
- Multiple treatments: Multiple treatments may be required to achieve the desired results, and the effects of the treatment may take several weeks to appear.
- Swelling and bruising: Swelling and bruising may occur after the injection, which can last for several days to several weeks.
- Limited results: Double chin injections may not be suitable for patients with loose or sagging skin, as it is designed to target submental fat only.
- Immediate results: Chin liposuction can provide immediate results that are visible soon after the procedure.
- Long-lasting results: The results of chin liposuction can be long-lasting, especially if the patient maintains a healthy diet and exercise regimen.
- Customisable: Chin liposuction can be tailored to the individual patient’s needs and can be combined with other procedures, such as a neck lift or facelift.
- Suitable for different patients: Chin liposuction can be suitable for patients with submental fat, as well as those with loose or sagging skin under the chin.
- Invasive: Chin liposuction is a surgical procedure that may general anaesthesia and can result in scarring and a longer recovery time.
- Potential risks: As with any surgical procedure, chin liposuction carries the risk of complications, such as bleeding, infection, or nerve damage.
- More discomfort: Chin liposuction is generally more uncomfortable than double chin injections and may require more pain management after the procedure.
- More expensive: Chin liposuction is generally more expensive than double chin injections due to the higher cost of surgical procedures.
How is the double chin injection treatment performed?
Double chin injections, also known as submental fat dissolving injections, are a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that can reduce the appearance of a double chin. The treatment involves injecting a substance, such as deoxycholic acid, into the fat beneath the chin to break it down over time.
The procedure typically involves the following steps:
- Consultation: The first step in the double chin injection treatment is a consultation with a qualified healthcare provider. During the consultation, the healthcare provider will examine the patient’s submental fat and discuss the patient’s goals and expectations for the treatment. The healthcare provider will also review the patient’s medical history and determine if the patient is a good candidate for the treatment.
- Preparation: Before the injection, the treatment area will be cleaned, and a topical numbing cream or local anaesthesia may be applied to reduce any discomfort during the procedure. The healthcare provider will mark the injection sites and determine the amount of substance to be injected based on the size and shape of the treatment area.
- Injection: Once the treatment area is prepared, the healthcare provider will make several small injections of the substance, such as deoxycholic acid, into the fat beneath the chin. The number of injections required will depend on the size of the treatment area and the amount of fat that needs to be removed. The injections may cause some mild discomfort or a burning sensation, but this is usually temporary and can be managed with the use of numbing agents.
- Post-treatment: After the injection, the patient may experience some swelling, redness, or bruising in the treatment area. These side effects are usually mild and resolve on their own within a few days to a few weeks. The healthcare provider may provide instructions on how to reduce swelling and discomfort, such as applying ice or taking over-the-counter pain medication.
- Follow-up: Most patients require multiple treatments, spaced several weeks apart, to achieve their desired results. The healthcare provider will schedule a follow-up appointment to monitor the patient’s progress and determine if additional treatments are necessary.
What are the side effects of fat dissolving injections
Fat dissolving injections, such as deoxycholic acid injections, are a generally safe and effective treatment for reducing submental fat and improving the appearance of a double chin. However, like any medical procedure, they carry the potential for side effects.
Common side effects of fat dissolving injections include swelling, redness, and tenderness in the treatment area. These side effects are usually mild and resolve on their own within a few days to a few weeks. Some patients may also experience bruising, numbness, or a burning sensation at the injection site.
More serious complications of fat dissolving injections are rare, but they can occur. Some of the potential risks and side effects of the treatment include:
- Infection: Injection of a foreign substance into the body can increase the risk of infection. Signs of infection may include fever, pain, and redness at the injection site.
- Nerve damage: In rare cases, fat dissolving injections may damage nearby nerves, causing numbness, tingling, or weakness in the chin or surrounding areas.
- Uneven or lumpy results: Fat dissolving injections can sometimes result in uneven or lumpy areas in the treated area.
- Skin ulceration: Rarely, fat dissolving injections can cause skin ulceration, which is a sore or lesion that forms on the skin.
- Allergic reaction: Some patients may have an allergic reaction to the substance used in the injection, which can cause symptoms such as hives, swelling, and difficulty breathing.
It is important to discuss the potential risks and benefits of fat dissolving injections with a qualified healthcare provider before undergoing the procedure. Patients should inform their healthcare provider of any medical conditions or medications they are taking, as well as any allergies they may have. Patients should also follow all pre- and post-treatment instructions provided by their healthcare provider to minimize the risk of side effects and to ensure optimal results.
How much do double chin injections cost in London?
The cost of double chin injections, or submental fat dissolving injections, in London can vary depending on several factors, including the healthcare provider, the number of treatments required, and the size of the treatment area. On average, the cost for a single treatment session in London can range from £900 to £1200.
It is important to note that multiple treatment sessions may be necessary to achieve optimal results, which can increase the total cost of the treatment. Patients should also be aware that the cost of the treatment may not include additional fees, such as fees for touch-up procedures.
It is recommended that patients schedule a consultation with a qualified surgeon at Centre for Surgery to discuss their individual needs and goals for the treatment, as well as the expected cost of the treatment. We can provide a more accurate estimate of the cost based on the patient’s individual needs and the recommended treatment plan.
Fat dissolving injections at Centre for Surgery
Centre for Surgery in London is renowned for expertise in the full range of cosmetic treatments using the most effective techniques available in the UK. Double chin fat can be effectively eliminated with non-invasive fat dissolving injecitons for those not keen on chin & neck liposuction. Chin & neck liposuction is an excellent treatment to contour and sculpt the jawline and neck. Call us today on 0207 993 4849 or complete the contact form below to schedule an in-person consultation with a specialist plastic surgeon at our cosmetic surgery clinic on Baker Street.
Do double chin injections permanently remove double chin fat?Double chin injections, or submental fat dissolving injections, are non-surgical cosmetic procedures that can reduce the appearance of a double chin. While the treatment results can be long-lasting, they may not be permanent.
The injections are designed to target and break down submental fat, which can result in a reduction in the appearance of a double chin. The body's natural metabolic processes will then eliminate the broken-down fat over time. The results of the treatment are gradual, with most patients requiring multiple treatments spaced several weeks apart to achieve optimal results.
While the results of double chin injections can last for several years, the longevity of the results may vary depending on factors such as the patient's age, genetics, and lifestyle habits. For example, patients who maintain a healthy diet and exercise regularly are more likely to maintain their results for longer than those who do not.
It is important to note that double chin injections are not designed to remove all of the fat from under the chin but rather to reduce the appearance of a double chin. Patients with larger amounts of submental fat may require more invasive treatments, such as chin liposuction, to achieve their desired results.
Are fat dissolving injections painful?Fat dissolving injections, such as deoxycholic acid injections, can cause some discomfort during and after the injection. However, the level of pain experienced can vary depending on the individual patient's pain tolerance and the use of numbing agents.
During the injection, patients may experience a burning or stinging sensation as the substance is injected into the fat under the chin. The healthcare provider may use a topical numbing cream or local anaesthesia to reduce any discomfort during the injection. Patients may also feel some pressure or tightness in the chin area during the injection.
After the injection, patients may experience some mild discomfort, such as swelling, bruising, or tenderness in the treatment area. This discomfort is usually mild and can be managed with the use of over-the-counter pain medication or ice packs. The discomfort typically resolves on its own within a few days to a few weeks.
While some discomfort is associated with fat-dissolving injections, the treatment is generally well-tolerated by most patients. It is important to discuss any concerns about pain or discomfort with a qualified healthcare provider before undergoing the procedure. The healthcare provider can provide information on pain management options and help to minimize any discomfort during and after the injection.
What are the main side effects of injections to dissolve chin fat?Like any medical procedure, fat dissolving injections carry the potential for side effects. Some of the common side effects of fat dissolving injections include:
Swelling: Swelling is a common side effect of fat dissolving injections and can last for several days to several weeks after the procedure.
Bruising: Bruising can occur at the injection site and may last for several days to several weeks.
Redness: Redness or discoloration may occur at the injection site and can last for several days to several weeks.
Numbness: Some patients may experience numbness or a loss of sensation in the treatment area.
Pain: Some patients may experience pain or discomfort at the injection site, which can usually be managed with over-the-counter pain medication or ice packs.
Hard lumps: Some patients may develop hard lumps or nodules in the treatment area, which can be massaged or resolved on their own over time.
Skin irritation: Rarely, patients may experience skin irritation or ulceration at the injection site.
How many double chin treatments are needed to reduce chin fat?We would recommend at least two treatments with two files in each session to get visible results. Most patients will require three treatments carried out at six weekly intervals. The number of fat injections needed will depend on the amount of fat beneath the chin. Most patients require at least 20 injections to effectively dissolve chin fat.
Are fat dissolving injections safe?Fat dissolving injections are considered a safe treatment with a favourable side-effect profile.
Will I see results immediately after double chin injections?Results will not be visible immediately after treatment. It takes up to 6 weeks for submental fat to reduce after double chin injections.
Can I have Belkyra or Kybella if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?We do not recommend having fat-dissolving injections if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
What other aesthetic treatments does Centre for Surgery offer?Centre for Surgery offers the full range of cosmetic treatments, including:
- Wrinkle-relaxing injections
- Dermal fillers
- Thread lift
- Lip fillers
- Lip flip
- Chemical peels
- Laser resurfacing