Liposuction breast reduction in London & UK
Achieve a beautifully contoured silhouette with our expert breast liposuction procedure – designed to sculpt and enhance your natural curves with precision and care
Breast size can be a sensitive topic for many women, especially those who have breasts that are larger than what they feel comfortable with. Some women may experience physical discomfort, such as back and neck pain, while others may find it challenging to find clothing that fits them properly. Additionally, many women who have larger breasts may feel self-conscious and unhappy with their appearance. Breast reduction surgery, also known as reduction mammoplasty, is a popular option for women who want to reduce the size of their breasts. However, traditional breast reduction surgery can be associated with significant risks and complications, such as blood loss and prominent scarring.
Fortunately, advances in medical technology have led to the development of minimally invasive procedures like breast liposuction. Breast liposuction or liposuction breast reduction is a safe and effective alternative to traditional breast reduction surgery. This procedure involves the removal of excess fat from the breasts using a small cannula, which is inserted through tiny incisions. The fat is suctioned out, resulting in smaller breasts with minimal scarring.
Over the past two decades, liposuction has become the most common body contouring procedure in cosmetic surgery due to its safety and effectiveness. Despite this, many plastic surgeons have been slow to embrace liposuction breast reduction as a valid treatment option for women with mammary enlargement. This is because they believed that liposuction could increase the risk of breast ptosis or drooping. However, recent studies have shown that liposuction breast reduction can be just as effective as traditional breast reduction surgery in reducing the size of the breasts without causing breast sagging or ptosis.
Moreover, liposuction breast reduction has several advantages over traditional breast reduction surgery. For one, it is minimally invasive and does not require the same level of incisions or tissue removal as traditional breast reduction surgery. This means that patients can expect a quicker recovery time and fewer complications. Additionally, because liposuction breast reduction results in minimal scarring, it is a popular choice for women who want to avoid visible scars and enjoy a more aesthetically pleasing appearance.
At Centre for Surgery, we offer a comprehensive treatment package for breast liposuction that includes:
- Preoperative consultations: You will have as many preoperative consultations with your surgeon as you like to ensure that the breast liposuction procedure is right for you. Our experienced surgeons will discuss the procedure in detail with you and answer any questions you may have.
- Treatment at a specialist day surgery facility: Our state-of-the-art facilities are rated ‘Good’ by the CQC and are equipped with the latest technology and equipment to ensure that you receive the highest quality care.
- Enhanced same-day discharge: We offer enhanced same-day discharge, which means that you can recover in the comfort of your own home after the procedure.
- 24/7 clinical support: Our expert postoperative support team is available to provide you with 24/7 clinical support during the first 48 hours after the procedure. Your surgeon will also be available to provide you with support and guidance during this time.
- Dedicated patient coordinator: You will have your very own dedicated patient coordinator who will be with you every step of the way to ensure that you receive the highest quality care.
- Preoperative medical assessment: We provide an in-depth preoperative medical assessment to ensure that you are fully fit for the breast liposuction procedure.
- Exceptional postoperative care: We offer exceptionally high standards of postoperative care that have been described as ‘outstanding’ by the CQC. We provide regular telephone and face-to-face checks to ensure that you are recovering well.
- RealSelf Top Doctors for liposuction breast reduction: Our experienced surgeons have been awarded RealSelf Top Doctors for liposuction breast reduction. This status is awarded to less than 10% of the RealSelf doctor community and is earned by achieving consistently high patient satisfaction, providing excellent feedback on expert answers to patient questions, and investing significant time in Q&A and other doctor activities.
What is liposuction breast reduction?
Liposuction breast reduction, also known as breast liposuction, is a cosmetic procedure that can help reduce the size of the breasts by removing excess fat. It is a minimally invasive alternative to traditional breast reduction surgery, which can require larger incisions and leave more noticeable scars.
During the procedure, a small cannula is inserted into the breast through tiny incisions. The cannula is used to suction out excess fat, resulting in smaller, more proportional breasts. Because the procedure does not require extensive tissue removal or incisions, it carries fewer risks and complications than traditional breast reduction surgery. Additionally, patients can expect a shorter recovery time and minimal scarring.
Liposuction breast reduction is an excellent option for women who want to reduce the size of their breasts without undergoing traditional surgery. The procedure is suitable for women who have breasts that are predominantly fatty in nature and do not have significant sagging or drooping. If you are considering breast liposuction, be sure to consult with a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon at Centre for Surgery who can help you determine if it is the right choice for you.
Breast Liposuction Before & After Photos
At Centre for Surgery, we only show photos of breast enlargement patients who have given full written consent to allow their images on our website.
36-year-old Caucasian female with 38DDD cup bra. After photo with a 38C cup bra. 940ml was removed from each breast.
26-year-old Afro-Caribbean female 38DD cup bra. After photo with a 38C cup bra. 800ml was removed from each breast.
54-year-old Caucasian female 38DD cup bra. After photo with a 36C cup bra. 800ml was removed from each breast.
Benefits of Liposuction Breast Reduction
Breast liposuction, also known as liposuction breast reduction, is a cosmetic procedure that involves the removal of excess fat from the breasts using a small cannula. This minimally invasive technique offers several benefits compared to traditional breast reduction surgery. Here are some of the benefits of breast liposuction:
- Minimal scarring: One of the most significant advantages of breast liposuction is that it results in minimal scarring. Unlike traditional breast reduction surgery, which requires large incisions and leaves prominent scars, breast liposuction involves only small incisions that are barely noticeable once they heal.
- Quick recovery time: Breast liposuction is a minimally invasive procedure that requires less tissue removal and incisions than traditional breast reduction surgery. As a result, patients can expect a quicker recovery time and can often return to work and other normal activities within a few days.
- Reduced risk of complications: Traditional breast reduction surgery carries a risk of complications such as bleeding, infection, and nerve damage. In contrast, breast liposuction is a safe and low-risk procedure that carries minimal risk of complications.
- Improved body contour: Breast liposuction can result in improved body contour by removing excess fat from the breasts. Women who undergo breast liposuction can achieve a more aesthetically pleasing appearance and feel more comfortable in their clothing.
- Increased self-confidence: Women with large breasts may feel self-conscious about their appearance and experience physical discomfort. Breast liposuction can help improve self-confidence by reducing breast size and alleviating discomfort.
- Less invasive: Breast liposuction is a less invasive alternative to traditional breast reduction surgery. The procedure involves only small incisions and does not require extensive tissue removal, making it a safer and less invasive option for women who want to reduce breast size.
Ideal candidates for liposuction breast reduction
Determining whether or not you are a suitable candidate for liposuction breast reduction requires an assessment by a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon. During your consultation, your surgeon will evaluate your breasts’ size, shape, and composition to determine if breast liposuction is an appropriate option for you.
Generally, women who are good candidates for liposuction breast reduction have breasts that are predominantly fatty in nature, with minimal sagging or drooping. If your breasts have a significant amount of glandular tissue, breast liposuction may not be the best option. In such cases, traditional breast reduction surgery may be more appropriate.
It is also important to note that liposuction breast reduction is not a weight-loss procedure. Women who are significantly overweight or have a high body mass index (BMI) may not be suitable candidates for the procedure.
Other factors that your surgeon will consider when determining your suitability for breast liposuction include your overall health, medical history, and any medications you are currently taking. Women with certain medical conditions, such as bleeding disorders or a history of breast cancer, may not be suitable candidates for the procedure.
During your consultation, be sure to discuss your goals and expectations for the procedure with your surgeon. They will be able to provide you with a realistic assessment of the results you can expect and help you determine if breast liposuction is the best option for achieving your desired outcome.
Preparation for breast reduction with liposuction
At Centre for Surgery, we strongly believe that the success of any procedure, including liposuction breast reduction, can be improved with proper patient preparation. We strive to go above and beyond to make sure that all our patients are prepared as well as possible for surgery – physically, mentally and emotionally.
Before your breast reduction, you will need to:
- Stop smoking a few weeks before your surgery
- Avoid taking blood-thinning medication, aspirin and herbal supplements
- Undergo a medical evaluation
- You may need to have a baseline mammogram to detect any future changes in breast tissue.
Scheduling a Mammogram before having Breast Liposuction
If you are considering breast liposuction or liposuction breast reduction, it is essential to schedule a mammogram before the procedure. A mammogram is a diagnostic imaging test that uses X-rays to detect abnormalities in breast tissue, such as lumps or tumours.
The British Cancer Society recommends that women over the age of 40 have a mammogram every year as a screening tool for breast cancer. If you are younger than 40, you may not need a mammogram unless you have a family history of breast cancer or other risk factors.
A mammogram before breast reduction with liposuction is essential because it can detect any abnormalities in the breast tissue before the procedure. If there are any suspicious areas or abnormalities on the mammogram, your surgeon may need to perform further tests or delay the procedure until the issue is resolved.
Additionally, having a baseline mammogram before breast reduction with liposuction can help detect any changes in breast tissue after the procedure. Changes in breast tissue, such as lumps or masses, can be detected on follow-up mammograms and can be promptly evaluated and treated.
It is important to note that having a mammogram before breast reduction with liposuction does not increase your risk of developing breast cancer. In fact, detecting any abnormalities early can increase the likelihood of successful treatment and recovery.
Breast Liposuction Procedure
Breast liposuction, also known as liposuction breast reduction, involves the removal of excess fat from the breasts using a small cannula. Here is a detailed overview of the breast liposuction surgical procedure:
- Anaesthesia: Before the procedure, you will be given anaesthesia to ensure that you are comfortable and pain-free throughout the surgery. Depending on your preferences and the surgeon’s recommendations, you may receive local anaesthesia, which numbs the area, or general anaesthesia, which puts you to sleep during the procedure.
- Incisions: Once you are under anaesthesia, your surgeon will make small incisions in the breast tissue, usually around the areola or in the crease beneath the breast. These incisions are typically less than half an inch long and are strategically placed to minimise scarring.
- Fat removal: After making the incisions, the surgeon will insert a small cannula into the breast tissue through the incisions. The cannula is used to suction out excess fat from the breast, which reduces the overall breast size and creates a more proportional appearance. The surgeon will move the cannula back and forth in a controlled motion, carefully removing the fat while preserving the surrounding breast tissue.
- Closure: Once the fat removal is complete, the surgeon will close the incisions with sutures. The sutures are typically dissolvable and do not need to be removed.
Recovery after liposuction breast reduction
Recovery after liposuction breast reduction is an important aspect of the procedure that patients should be aware of. Although breast liposuction is a minimally invasive surgical procedure with fewer risks and complications than traditional breast reduction surgery, it is still important to follow the surgeon’s post-operative instructions carefully to ensure a safe and successful recovery.
Here are some general guidelines for recovery after liposuction breast reduction:
- Wear compression garments: After the surgery, you will need to wear a compression garment to help minimize swelling and support the breasts as they heal. The compression garment should be worn as instructed by your surgeon, typically for several weeks following the procedure.
- Take pain medication as prescribed: You may experience some discomfort, swelling, and bruising after the procedure. Your surgeon may prescribe pain medication to help manage these symptoms. Be sure to take the medication as directed and report any unusual or severe symptoms to your surgeon.
- Avoid strenuous activity: During the first week after the procedure, it is important to avoid any strenuous activity, including heavy lifting, exercise, and sexual activity. You should also avoid activities that involve stretching or bending over, as these can put strain on the incision sites.
- Follow a healthy diet: Eating a healthy, balanced diet can help support your body’s healing process. Be sure to drink plenty of water and eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains to promote healing and reduce the risk of complications.
- Attend follow-up appointments: It is important to attend all scheduled follow-up appointments with your surgeon at Centre for Surgery to ensure that your recovery is progressing as expected. Your surgeon will monitor your healing and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan.
In general, most patients can expect to return to work and other normal activities within a few days to a week after the procedure, although the exact recovery time will depend on the individual patient and the extent of the procedure. Be sure to follow your surgeon’s post-operative instructions carefully to ensure a safe and successful recovery.
Breast Liposuction Cost London – How much is Liposuction Breast Reduction in London?
The cost of breast liposuction in London can vary depending on several factors, including the surgeon’s experience and expertise, the type of facility where the procedure is performed, and the extent of the liposuction required.
On average, the cost of liposuction-only breast reduction in London can range from £3,500 to £6,000. However, it is important to note that this is an estimate and the cost may vary depending on the specific details of your procedure.
It is also important to consider that cost should not be the only factor when choosing a surgeon for breast liposuction. You should choose a surgeon who is highly skilled and experienced in breast surgery, with a proven track record of successful outcomes.
At Centre for Surgery, we offer a transparent pricing policy for all our cosmetic procedures, including liposuction-only breast reduction. Our prices include all preoperative and postoperative consultations, the surgical fee, and any necessary follow-up appointments. We also offer financing options to make breast liposuction more accessible for our patients.
During your consultation with one of our experienced surgeons, you will receive a detailed breakdown of the cost of your procedure based on your individual needs and goals. They will also be able to answer any questions you may have about the cost and financing options.
Why Choose Centre for Surgery for Breast Liposuction?
At Centre for Surgery, we understand that choosing the right provider for your breast liposuction procedure is a critical decision. We are committed to providing our patients with safe, effective, and compassionate care in a welcoming and supportive environment.
Here are some reasons why you should choose Centre for Surgery for your breast liposuction procedure:
- Experienced Surgeons: Our surgeons are some of the most experienced and skilled cosmetic surgeons in the UK, with years of experience performing breast liposuction and other cosmetic procedures. They are board-certified and have undergone rigorous training to ensure that they provide the highest quality care to our patients.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: Our state-of-the-art facilities are equipped with the latest technology and equipment to ensure that we provide our patients with the most advanced and effective treatments available. We are dedicated to ensuring that our facilities are clean, safe, and comfortable for our patients.
- Personalized Care: At Centre for Surgery, we understand that every patient is unique, with their own specific needs and goals. That’s why we take a personalized approach to care, working closely with each patient to develop a treatment plan that is tailored to their individual needs.
- Comprehensive Care: We offer a comprehensive range of cosmetic procedures, including breast liposuction, traditional breast reduction surgery, breast augmentation, and more. Our team of experienced professionals can help you achieve the look and feel you desire, with personalized care from start to finish.
- Exceptional Results: Our patients’ satisfaction is our top priority, and we are proud to have helped countless individuals achieve exceptional results with our breast liposuction procedures. Our surgeons use the most advanced techniques and technologies to achieve the best possible outcomes for our patients.
What is scarless breast reduction?Liposuction-only breast reduction is a new and innovative concept in the field of breast reduction surgery. One of the major benefits of this technique is that it does not leave any visible incision scars on the breasts. However, it is important to note that this technique is not suitable for everyone.
One of the limitations of liposuction-only breast reduction is that it does not address excess skin removal. As a result, if there is breast ptosis and the nipple is low on the breast mound, this technique will not provide the lift needed to create a more youthful look. In fact, in some cases, it can potentially make any breast ptosis worse after the procedure.
Therefore, a scarless breast reduction is only suitable for a select group of patients with very high skin quality and no skin laxity. These are typically younger patients who have good skin elasticity and do not require significant skin removal to achieve their desired breast size and shape.
What is the difference between surgical breast reduction and breast reduction with liposuction?Surgical breast reduction involves more incisions, which will be made around the areola and down to the breast crease. Breast reduction with liposuction involves two incisions beneath the breast crease, meaning scarring will be less noticeable and recovery time will be quicker.
Can I have breast reduction with liposuction?Liposuction breast reduction is a suitable procedure for those who have large breasts and would like to reduce the volume.
It is suitable for those who do not also require a breast lift, do not have an excessive amount of fat and tissue to be reduced, and would like less visible scarring.
Breast reduction with liposuction is generally suitable for those who have already reached menopause. By this stage, much of the breast's glandular tissue is replaced with fat, which can be easily removed through liposuction.
If you need a larger reduction, you may wish to opt for surgical breast reduction.
Will I be able to go home the same day after breast liposuction?In most cases, patients who undergo liposuction-only breast reduction can go home the same day as the procedure. The surgery is typically performed under local anesthesia, which means that you will not require an overnight hospital stay.
After the procedure, you will need to wear a compression garment to help reduce swelling and support the breasts during the healing process. Your surgeon will provide you with specific instructions on how to care for your incisions and how to manage any discomfort or pain.
It is important to arrange for someone to drive you home after the procedure as you may still be feeling the effects of the anesthesia. You should also plan to rest at home for the remainder of the day and avoid any strenuous activities for a few days after the procedure.
While liposuction-only breast reduction is a minimally invasive procedure, it is still important to follow all postoperative instructions provided by your surgeon to ensure proper healing and minimize the risk of complications. If you have any concerns or questions after the procedure, do not hesitate to contact your surgeon or their team for guidance and support.
Can I have breast liposuction whilst awake?Yes, breast liposuction can be performed under local anaesthesia while you are awake. This is known as awake liposuction or tumescent liposuction.
During the procedure, your surgeon will inject a solution of saline, local anaesthetic, and adrenaline into the breast tissue. This solution helps to numb the area and reduce bleeding during the procedure. A small cannula is then inserted through tiny incisions in the breast tissue to remove excess fat.
One of the main benefits of awake liposuction is that it eliminates the risks associated with general anaesthesia. It also allows for quicker recovery times, as you will not need to spend time recovering from the effects of general anaesthesia.
However, it is important to note that awake liposuction may not be suitable for everyone. Your surgeon will evaluate your individual case to determine whether awake liposuction is a safe and appropriate option for you.
If you are considering awake liposuction, discussing any concerns or questions you may have with your surgeon is important. They will be able to provide you with more information about the procedure and help you decide whether it is the right option for you.
What do scars look like after breast liposuction?One of the main benefits of breast liposuction is that it results in minimal scarring compared to traditional breast reduction surgery. The incisions made for liposuction are very small, typically only a few millimeters in length, and are strategically placed in inconspicuous areas of the breast, such as the natural folds or creases.
The small incisions made for liposuction will result in tiny scars that are usually barely noticeable once they have fully healed. In most cases, these scars will fade over time and become even less visible.
However, it is important to note that the extent of scarring after breast liposuction can vary from person to person. The appearance of scars can depend on factors such as the individual's skin type, the amount of fat removed, and the skill of the surgeon performing the procedure.
What will the recovery period be like?You will experience a quicker recovery period after having a breast reduction with liposuction as opposed to surgical breast reduction.
You may experience some swelling and bruising. You may wish to take pain medication to help with any pain and discomfort.
Will I have to wear a compression garment after breast liposuction?Following breast reduction with liposuction, you will be required to wear a compression garment. This will not only help to support the breasts but will help reduce swelling and keep them in the best possible shape.
Your surgeon will be able to advise you on what type of garment you will need to wear and the duration you will need to continue wearing it.
What To Expect
When you come in for a consultation with your surgeon at Centre for Surgery, you can expect a thorough evaluation of your body areas where fat is to be removed, as well as an assessment of the soft tissue quality in the breasts. Your surgeon will take a number of measurements and examine your skin elasticity to determine whether you are a good candidate for liposuction breast reduction. Our skilled surgeons are experienced in all types of liposuction, including power-assisted liposuction, and will make the most appropriate choice based on your physical examination.
During your consultation, your surgeon will also discuss the location of the small incisions in the breast for the liposuction and whether the liposuction is to be combined with another procedure. High-resolution photos will be taken, and your surgeon may also use computer digital imaging to show you what you can expect from the procedure.
It is important to note that the surgeon will take a full medical history during your consultation, including any previous operations, current list of medicines taken, and any potential allergies. This information will be used to determine your fitness for the liposuction breast reduction procedure.
After discussing the potential risks and complications of the procedure and what you can expect during the postoperative period, if you are deemed to be a suitable candidate for surgery, we recommend spending a period of time to reflect on all the information given. We always recommend a minimum of a '2 week cool off period' to ensure that you are fully informed and comfortable with your decision.
At Centre for Surgery, we encourage all our prospective patients to have as many follow-up consultations as they need to ensure that they are fully empowered with all the information to make an informed decision for proceeding with liposuction breast reduction. Our goal is to provide you with the highest quality of care and ensure that you are fully informed and comfortable throughout your journey with us.
Before your procedure
At Centre for Surgery, we understand that undergoing breast liposuction is a significant decision and we want to ensure that our patients are fully prepared for the procedure to achieve the best possible outcome. Our preoperative assessment team will be in contact with you after you have made the decision to undergo breast liposuction. They will guide you through the preparation process to ensure that you are ready for the surgery.
To optimize your safety and minimise potential risks, we recommend several actions that you should take prior to your breast reduction surgery. Firstly, it is highly recommended that you stop smoking for six weeks before the procedure. Active smoking has been associated with delayed wound healing, which could result in wound infection and increase the risk of excessive scarring. By stopping smoking, you reduce these risks and improve your chances of successful healing and recovery.
In addition, it is important that you avoid aspirin and any medications containing aspirin for at least one week before the procedure. This is to reduce the risk of bleeding during and after the surgery. Postoperative bleeding could result in a haematoma, which is a collection of blood beneath the skin that could affect healing and recovery. It is important to discuss any medications that you are taking with your surgeon to ensure that they are safe to continue taking prior to the procedure.
On the day of the breast lipo procedure, it is essential that you refrain from eating any food or drinking anything except clear fluids (water, tea, or coffee without milk) for at least 6 hours before the surgery. Sips of clear fluid are allowed up to 2 hours before the procedure to help keep you hydrated and comfortable. This is to reduce the risk of complications during the surgery and to ensure that you are properly hydrated.
By following these recommendations and working closely with our preoperative assessment team, you can ensure that you are fully prepared for your breast reduction with liposuction procedure and have the best possible chance for a successful outcome. It is important to follow all instructions given to you by your surgeon and the preoperative assessment team to ensure the best possible outcome. If you have any questions or concerns before the procedure, do not hesitate to contact our team for guidance and support.
On the day of your procedure
On the day of your breast liposuction procedure, you can expect to arrive at the facility and check in at the reception desk. You will be taken to a preoperative area where a nurse will check your vital signs, ask you some questions about your medical history, and prepare you for the procedure.
Your surgeon will then come to see you and answer any last-minute questions you may have. They may also make some markings on your skin to guide them during the procedure.
Once you are ready, you will be taken to the operating theatre, where you will be given anaesthesia. The type of anaesthesia used will depend on your individual needs and the extent of the procedure. You may be given local anaesthesia, which numbs only the treated area, or general anaesthesia, which puts you into a state of deep sleep.
During the procedure, your surgeon will make small incisions in the breast and use a thin cannula to remove excess fat deposits. The incisions will be small and strategically placed to minimize visible scarring.
Recovery after breast liposuction - what to expect
Recovery after breast liposuction is generally shorter and less painful than traditional breast reduction surgery. However, as with any surgical procedure, there will still be a recovery period that will vary from person to person.
After the procedure, you will need to wear a compression garment or bra to help reduce swelling and support the breasts as they heal. You may experience some discomfort, bruising, and swelling in the treated area, but these symptoms should improve within a few weeks.
Most patients can return to work and their normal daily activities within a few days after breast liposuction, but it is important to avoid strenuous exercise and heavy lifting for several weeks. Your surgeon will provide you with specific postoperative instructions tailored to your individual needs and goals.
You may also need to attend follow-up appointments with your surgeon to monitor your healing progress and ensure that you are achieving the desired results. It is important to follow all postoperative instructions provided by your surgeon and attend all scheduled appointments to ensure a smooth and successful recovery.