Fotona 4D in London
Fotona 4D non-invasive facial rejuvenation at Centre for Surgery in London has long been the most highly desired aesthetic improvement, and the increased interest in skin rejuvenation has promoted rapid evolution of different methods to treat aged skin. The Fotona 4D laser facelift is a completely non-invasive method of improving the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, uneven tone and texture and loss of volume. Using the incredible Fotona SP Dynamis Erbium laser, new collagen and elastin production is also stimulated, resulting in skin tightening and giving the skin a youthful, more healthier appearance. Fotona 4D perfectly complements injectable treatments such as wrinkle relaxing injections and dermal fillers.
This will help to combat facial ageing as well as target superficial imperfections. For younger patients, Fotona 4D is a genuine alternative to a facelift. Fotona 4D can tighten your skin and increase volume, without using any anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers or undergoing any invasive surgical procedure..
This procedure is one of our most popular procedures at Centre for Surgery. The procedure is popular amongst celebrities. Kim Kardashian is the most recent high profile celebrity to have recently had a Fotona 4D laser lift procedure in the US. Fotona 4D can be combined with SmoothEye for a comprehensive facial rejuvenation.
Benefits of Fotona 4D
- Effective skin tightening and tissue volumisation without the need for injectable toxins or fillers
- Powerful skin lifting effect from inside out
- More youthful, healthier and firmer skin
- No downtime after procedure
- No use of needles, anaesthesia or surgery
What is Fotona 4D laser ?
Traditional ablative laser skin resurfacing treatments using lasers such as fractional CO2 have long been considered the gold standard for skin rejuvenation. Fotona Er:YAG lasers produce less residual thermal injury and hence a much reduced depth of tissue injury compared, with quicker healing and much reduced down time in comparison with traditional CO2 lasers. However, ablative laser treatments have become less popular recently due to prolonged downtime and an increased risk of complications with long-lasting side effects.
Fotona 4D improves upon existing laser resurfacing with a protocol that combines high efficacy with minimal downtime and minimal chance of side effects. A number of non-ablative treatments using different wavelengths have been developed but few have the safety and efficacy of Fotona 4D. With traditional ablative techniques, a reduction of superficial imperfections such as photodamaged skin can be achieved, but with nonablative methods, a thermal effect produces a wound healing response and the stimulation of collagen remodeling, leading to tissue tightening. Fotona 4D combines non-ablative tissue tightening with a more gentler erbium laser micropeel with minimal downtime.
Unlike other facial rejuvenation techniques, Fotona 4D does not involve the use of any injections, chemicals or surgery. It is ideal for those who are wanting to appear rejuvenated and also wish to have minimal downtime following the 4D procedure. Fotona 4D uses two laser wavelengths (NdYAG 1064nm and ErYAG 2940nm) in four different modalities (SmoothLiftin, Frac3, Piano and SupErficial) during the same treatment session with a goal to thermally stimulate various depths and structures of the facial skin.
The four dimensions of the laser facelift refer to four treatments within Fotona’s SP Dynamis system: SmoothLiftin, FRAC3, PIANO and SupErficial. These treatments work together to combat the signs of ageing.
Ida Bafende - Aesthetic Nurse Practitioner
Ida Bafende is a specialist aesthetic practitioner. She has over 17 years experience as a senior nurse Specialist in Dermatology at one of the major teaching hospitals in London. She has managed large teams of nurses, run nurse-led clinics and worked closely with all members of the Multidisciplinary team to ensure the best possible care is given to individual patients.
Ida is an expert in Fotona 4D, SmoothEye and LipLase and treats many hundreds of patients each year. Patients come to see her from all over London and further afield.
Fotona 4D expected results
Read testimonials from our amazing patients
Fotona 4D replaces the need for microdermabrasion
Harsh abrasives are eliminated with the Fotona 4D method. The 4th step of Fotona 4D is a Erbium micropeel which is able to precisely remove up to 10-20 microns of the outer skin. The Erbium micropeel is a far more accurate method of gently resurfacing the skin with only 1-2 days of mild skin redness. One session of Erbium micropeel replaces a course of 6-8 microdermabrasion treatments.
You will be a suitable candidate for Fotona 4D laser if you have wrinkles, fine lines, uneven skin, lack of volume, and uneven tone and texture which you are wishing to treat.
It is suitable for people who do not wish to use chemicals or harsh abrasives. Fotona 4D is the perfect complement to facial injectables including anti wrinkle injections and dermal fillers. In many cases, a full course of Fotona 4D may give you the results you want without any need for facial injectables.
Fotona 4D before and after:
55 year old female had Fotona 4D with removal of bilateral xanthelasma below the eyes with Erbium laser.
44 year old man with facial pigmentation and concerns of facial wrinkling had a course of Fotona 4D.
61 year old female extensive hyperpigmentation and facial rhytids who completed a course of Fotona 4D combined with the Obagi Nu-Derm system.
In those with more extensive degrees of sun damage, hyperpigmentation or rhytid formation, your practitioner may use higher laser settings which result in a longer downtime. Your practitioner may therefore recommend a skin preconditioning regime consisting of hydroxyquinone (2%-4%), topical tretinoin (0.05%-0.1%), alpha hydroxy acid (4%-10%) and sunscreen. The preconditioning regime improves skin tolerance, bleaches the skin and increases blood flow in the skin and also allows the skin to heal 3-4 days faster due to more rapidly renewing skin and increased collagen production.
Fotona 4D procedure
Fotona4D laser involves the use of four treatments with Fotona’s SP Dynamis system. These are:
- (1) SmoothLiftin: The first step of Fotona 4D protocol is SmoothLiftin, which is a solution for reduction of both nasolabial folds and perioral wrinkles. Completely unique for Erbium laser, a special non-ablative modality of Er:YAG called Smooth Mode is applied inside the mouth with application of four to six Smooth pulses aimed at the areas corresponding to the nasolabial folds and applying four pulses across the whole accessible tissue beneath both cheeks and lips. No other laser is able to work so effectively when applied within the mouth. The non-ablative Er:YAG laser for gentle heating. This stimulates collagen contraction and stimulates new collagen production. This results in an increase of tightness and elasticity in the skin. No special patient preparation is needed for this step. No anaesthesia or cooling are applied before or after the treatment.
- (2) FRAC3: FRAC3 mode is the second step in which short pulses are used with a purpose of achieving contraction of the deeper facial tissues. With this technique, your practitioner is able to produce the vectors of tension in the skin along the SMAS layer anchoring areas which mimicks the action of PDO threads which is a more invasive procedure.
- (3) PIANO: Piano NdYAG is the third modality in which extremely long laser pulses are used (in seconds), producing a gentle painless warming of the skin through all its layers. The bulk skin heating is applied across the whole face with a manual scanning technique until the temperature at the skin surface reaches about 42°C. Ida will usually maintain this temperature for about three minutes at each of the scanned areas.
- (4) SupErficial: for a pearl finish, the light cold Er:YAG ablation is used. This reduces imperfections and improves the appearance of the skin. This stage involves a controlled cold erbium micropeel without any thermal effects.
The Fotona 4D laser usually takes around one hour to complete and you will be able to return home once the treatment is complete.
Fotona 4D laser recovery
As Fotona 4D laser non-surgical procedure, there is no downtime. You will be able to resume your usual daily routine right away.
You may notice some redness or swelling of the skin, which will last one to two days.
For optimal results, you may wish to undergo repeat treatments. You may opt to undergo three treatments, which should be done 14-21 days apart.
Fotona 4D lift before and after
Courtesy of Fotona
What to expect
Centre for Surgery are committed to following the latest national guidance and strict medical protocols in the provision of Fotona 4D treatments. All laser treatments are only carried out by trained aesthetic practitioners, dermatologists and plastic surgeons for safer outcomes.
You will be looked after by a dedicated patient coordinator to act as your point of contact throughout your journey with us. Once we have a clear idea of your presenting concern, we will book you in to see either an aesthetic practitioner, dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is best placed to assess and treat you. The consultation is free and no-obligation and the full range of treatment options will be explained.
What happens at the consultation for Fotona 4D?
The specialist will take a comprehensive approach to assessing you by taking a full history and examination:
- Treatment options based on your facial structure and the possible outcomes that can be achieved
- In-depth discussion of the different non-surgical facial rejuvenation options and what potential treatment outcome can be expected with each option and whether any downtime is to be expected
- Assessing your physical and mental health to make sure that Fotona 4D is right for you
- Answer your questions that you may have about the different treatment options
If it is determined that Fotona 4D treatment is appropriate, a written treatment plan will be prepared and presented to you for making a decision on whether to proceed. Some treatments such as facial injectables can take place in the same visit where as other treatments such as laser resurfacing may need a period of skin preparation which may require up to six weeks before the actual treatment can take place.
The consultation for Fotona 4D is free but a £25 deposit is required to confirm the consultation and this can be redeemed against any potential treatment that you wish to go ahead with in the same visit.
Your practitioner will ask you to return for a follow-up visit 2 weeks later for a review which may include a free top-up or ‘tweakment’ if you had facial injectables.
Patient journey quick overview:
- Visit us at 106 Crawford Street, Marylebone for a free consultation with a fully trained and qualified aesthetic practitioner, dermatologist or plastic surgeon
- At the consultation, decide on the best treatment option for you based on expert advice from your practitioner. You can choose to have treatment at the same visit if you prefer for certain treatments.
- Come back in 2 weeks for your follow-up visit for a check-up and repeat treatment or free top-up if appropriate if you had facial injectables.
How to find us
Centre for Surgery is located at 106 Crawford Street in Marylebone. Crawford Street is just off Baker Street.
We are easily accessible by all major bus routes that pass through Baker Street as well as Baker Street underground station.
From the tube station, we are just a 5 minute walk southwards down Baker Street followed by a right turn onto Crawford Street. The clinic is about 200 yards on the left.
There is ample local pay & display parking in the surrounding area and an NCP car park is located further west along Crawford Street. Our local residential parking zone is the City of Westminster.
Address: 106 Crawford Street, Marylebone, London, W1H 2HY
What is Fotona 4D?Fotona 4D is a non-invasive facial rejuvenation treatment using the advanced Fotona laser and stands for four dimensions or D’s, which are four treatments:
These are the different treatment types which target different levels – deeper, medial, superficial and targets imperfections.
Is Fotona 4D a good alternative to toxins and fillers?Fotona 4D is an excellent facial rejuvenation treatment for patients who are not keen on idea of facial injectables. The treatment targets the deeper skin tissues to stimulate new collagen and can create a natural plumping effect without the need for dermal fillers. The treatment does not involve the use of any needles and is therefore ideal for patients who may have a needle phobia.
Am I a suitable candidate for Fotona 4D laser?You will be a suitable candidate for a 4D laser facelift if you have uneven skin, want to increase volume or a wanting to treat fine lines and wrinkles.
This treatment is often appealing for those who do not wish to undergo a surgical procedure or use chemical products.
Does the Fotona 4D laser hurt?You should feel no pain throughout the treatment. You may feel a slight warm or mild pinching sensation at times but this is very well tolerated. A local anaesthetic cream is applied beforehand to effectively numb the skin.
How long does the procedure take?You should feel no pain throughout the treatment. You may feel a slight warm or mild pinching sensation.
What will the recovery period be like?This is a non-surgical procedure, so there is no recovery period. You will be able to resume your usual daily activities right away.
It is normal to experience some redness of the skin, which will last one to two days.
When will I be able to see the results?You will be able to notice some results immediately, and the results will gradually become more apparent over the next two to three months.
Will I need to have repeat treatment sessions?To achieve the best results, some people may need to undergo up to three treatment sessions.
The repeat sessions can be undertaken after 14 to 21 days.
How much does Fotona 4D cost?Fotona 4D laser treatment starts from £400 for one treatment. A course of 3 treatments is recommended for optimal results.
When can I start wearing makeup again?You should avoid wearing makeup for the first 24 hours.
Where is Centre for Surgery located?Centre for Surgery is located at 106 Crawford Street in Marylebone. Crawford Street is just off Baker Street.
Our address is 106 Crawford Street, Marylebone, London, W1H 2HY.
We are easily accessible by all major bus routes that pass through Baker Street as well as Baker Street underground station.