Profhilo treatment in London
Profhilo is a hyaluronic acid-based injectable treatment that has effective anti-ageing effects. Profhilo is injected into several key areas of the face or neck, and the resulting hydrating effect leads to a degree of skin tightening and skin hydration.
RELATED: Does Profhilo Work?
The main component of Profhilo is hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is able to absorb 1000 times its weight in water which contributes to a highly effective hydration effect. An added effect of Profhilo is the enhancement of collagen and elastin synthesis which leads to a taut and smoother texture. The improvement in skin quality results in less line and wrinkle formation. The difference between traditional dermal fillers like Juvederm and Prohilo is the significant degree of spreadability of Profhilo after injection. The injection is able to cover a much wider area to contribute to an improvement in skin quality and elasticity. Juvederm injections act more locally to fill out lines and wrinkles and enhance volume.
The treatment protocol for Prohilo consists of two separate treatments spaced one month apart. Although a significant degree of improvement occurs after one treatment, optimum results develop about one month after having the second treatment, and results typically last around 6-9 months. Profhilo treatment at Centre for Surgery is ideal for patients who have begun to notice ageing features but are not yet keen to have dermal fillers like Juvederm. Profhilo works best when patients would like to achieve a more overall refreshed and rejuvenated appearance but without adding extra volume in areas like the cheeks or temples. Collagen and elastin levels, along with hyaluronic acid, begin to diminish from the age of 30 onwards, and Profhilo is an excellent ‘gateway’ treatment before considering anti-ageing injectables such as muscle relaxant injections or dermal fillers.
RELATED: How Much Does Profhilo Cost?
RealSelf Top Doctors
RealSelf’s top doctor status is awarded to less than 10% of the RealSelf doctor community. This status is earned by achieving consistently high patient satisfaction (from RealSelf reviews), getting excellent feedback on expert answers to patient questions, and investing significant time in Q&A and other doctor activities. RealSelf’s top doctors are rated among the very best doctors in the United Kingdom.
What is Profhilo?
Profhilo represents a revolutionary approach in the field of dermatological treatments, primarily focusing on enhancing skin hydration and firmness to foster a more youthful complexion. This innovative treatment utilises hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body, renowned for its ability to retain moisture and improve skin texture.
RELATED: Profhilo vs Dermal Fillers
The procedure involves the strategic injection of Profhilo into the skin. This not only provides immediate hydration benefits but also stimulates the natural production of collagen. Collagen is a key protein in our skin that contributes to its elasticity and strength. As we age, collagen production diminishes, leading to the development of fine lines, wrinkles, and a general loss of skin firmness. Profhilo addresses these concerns by smoothing out these age-related imperfections and tackling skin laxity, thereby rejuvenating the skin from within.
RELATED: Profhilo vs Redensity 1
A distinguishing factor of Profhilo, compared to other aesthetic treatments like dermal fillers, is that it does not aim to add volume to the skin. Instead, its primary goal is to improve the skin’s overall quality and texture, making it a suitable option for those who wish to enhance their skin’s natural appearance without altering its volume.
At Centre for Surgery, our commitment to providing bespoke aesthetic solutions is evident in our Profhilo treatments. Our team of specialists in injectable treatments possesses deep expertise in Profhilo, ensuring that each procedure is tailored to the unique needs of our clients. During a thorough consultation, our specialists engage with you to understand your specific skin concerns, be it dehydration, wrinkles, or loss of skin elasticity. This collaborative process enables us to craft a personalised treatment plan that maximises the benefits of Profhilo, leaving you with radiant, rejuvenated skin that reflects your natural beauty.
Benefits Of Profhilo Treatment
Profhilo treatment stands as a beacon in the aesthetic industry, offering a suite of benefits for those seeking a natural and youthful skin rejuvenation. This innovative procedure boasts several key advantages, making it a preferred choice for many:
- Non-Invasive Nature: Profhilo treatment is non-surgical, meaning it does not involve the complexities and risks associated with surgical procedures. This aspect makes it an appealing option for those who wish to avoid surgery. Furthermore, the treatment does not require any anaesthetic, making it a convenient and comfortable choice.
- Natural-Looking Rejuvenation: Profhilo is celebrated for its ability to impart a rejuvenated and glowing appearance to the skin. Unlike some treatments that may lead to an overdone or artificial look, Profhilo enhances your natural beauty, leaving the skin looking radiant and refreshed.
- Enhanced Skin Quality: The treatment excels in improving the overall quality of the skin. By stimulating the body’s own production of collagen and elastin, two proteins essential for maintaining skin firmness and elasticity, Profhilo significantly boosts skin texture, tightness, and hydration. This leads to a smoother, firmer, and more hydrated complexion, enhancing the skin’s natural health and vitality.
- Reduction of Fine Lines and Wrinkles: A key benefit of Profhilo is its ability to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles, common signs of aging that can detract from one’s appearance. This smoothing effect helps create a more youthful and aesthetically pleasing look, contributing to an overall younger-looking skin.
- No Scarring or Incisions: As a non-invasive treatment, Profhilo does not involve any incisions, thereby eliminating the risk of scarring. This is a significant advantage for those concerned about the potential long-term visible impacts of skin treatments.
- Minimal Downtime: One of the most attractive features of Profhilo is the quick nature of the procedure, coupled with the fact that it requires no downtime. This means patients can immediately return to their daily activities post-treatment, making it an ideal option for those with busy lifestyles.
What Does Profhilo Treat?
Profhilo stands out in the realm of aesthetic treatments due to its multifaceted approach to skin rejuvenation. This innovative procedure harnesses the power of hyaluronic acid to significantly enhance the skin’s hydration levels and firmness. A key aspect of Profhilo’s effectiveness lies in its ability to stimulate the body’s natural processes of collagen and elastin production, a phenomenon known as neocollagenesis. Collagen and elastin are vital proteins that maintain the skin’s structure and elasticity, and their increased production leads to notable improvements in skin quality.
RELATED: Profhilo vs Dermal Fillers
One of the primary applications of Profhilo is in addressing skin laxity. As we age, our skin tends to lose its natural firmness and elasticity, leading to a sagging appearance. Profhilo effectively counters this by tightening the skin, thereby restoring a more youthful and lifted look. Additionally, it plays a crucial role in smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles, which are common signs of ageing. By filling these age-related imperfections, Profhilo helps in achieving a smoother, more refined skin texture.
Apart from its tightening and anti-wrinkle properties, Profhilo also excels in enhancing skin tone and overall quality. Patients often report a noticeable glow and a refreshed appearance post-treatment, attributed to the deep hydration and revitalisation that Profhilo provides.
Regarding the areas of application, Profhilo is incredibly versatile. While it is commonly used to treat specific regions of the face and neck, its benefits are not confined to these areas alone. Profhilo can also be effectively used on other parts of the body such as the décolleté, arms, and hands. These areas, often neglected in standard skincare routines, show signs of ageing like skin laxity and wrinkles. Profhilo’s ability to tighten and rejuvenate the skin in these areas makes it a comprehensive treatment option for those seeking an overall youthful and revitalised appearance.
Ideal Candidates for Profhilo Treatment
To determine the suitability for Profhilo injections, several key criteria are considered:
- Age Considerations: Ideally, candidates for Profhilo are those aged over 30. This age bracket typically begins to experience the early signs of ageing, such as slight skin laxity, the emergence of fine lines, and a gradual decline in skin hydration and elasticity. Profhilo is designed to effectively address these early ageing symptoms, making it an excellent choice for individuals in this age group.
- Desire for Improved Skin Quality: Candidates who are particularly keen on enhancing their skin’s overall quality are well-suited for Profhilo. This treatment excels in rejuvenating the skin, imparting a more radiant, hydrated, and youthful appearance. Individuals who wish to achieve a refreshed and revitalized skin texture, contributing to a more youthful and glowing complexion, will find Profhilo to be a fitting option.
- Restoration of Collagen and Elastin Levels: As we age, the natural production of collagen and elastin within our skin diminishes, leading to increased skin laxity and the formation of wrinkles. Individuals seeking to restore these vital proteins to improve skin tightness and minimise the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles are excellent candidates for Profhilo at Centre for Surgery. The treatment’s ability to stimulate neocollagenesis, the production of new collagen and elastin, makes it particularly beneficial for those looking to reverse these common signs of ageing.
How Does Profhilo Work?
Profhilo represents a cutting-edge solution in the field of cosmetic dermatology, renowned for its efficacy in rejuvenating and enhancing skin appearance. Its working mechanism and method of administration are key to its success.
How Profhilo Works
- Replenishing Hyaluronic Acid: Central to Profhilo’s effectiveness is hyaluronic acid, a gel-like substance naturally present in our bodies. This substance plays a crucial role in maintaining skin hydration and elasticity. However, as we age, the levels of hyaluronic acid in our skin diminish, leading to dryness, loss of firmness, and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Profhilo counteracts this by replenishing the lost hyaluronic acid, thereby restoring the skin’s ability to absorb and retain moisture. This hydration boost significantly improves the skin’s appearance, making it look more supple and vibrant.
- Stimulating Neocollagenesis: Beyond hydration, Profhilo has a profound impact on the skin’s structural integrity. When injected, it triggers neocollagenesis, the process of new collagen and elastin formation. These proteins are fundamental to the skin’s structure, providing strength and elasticity. By promoting their production, Profhilo helps in firming up loose skin, thereby smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles. This results in a tighter, smoother, and more youthful-looking skin.
Administration of Profhilo
Facial Treatment Method
The administration of Profhilo on the face involves a series of precise injections. Using a small needle, Profhilo is injected into five bio-aesthetic points on each side of the face. These points are strategically chosen to maximise the spread and effectiveness of the product, while also avoiding major nerves and blood vessels to ensure safety and minimise discomfort.
Body Treatment Application
The versatility of Profhilo extends to its use on other parts of the body beyond the face. Depending on the area being treated – such as the neck, décolleté, arms, or hands – the number of injections and the specific sites of administration vary. This tailored approach ensures that each area receives an optimal dose of Profhilo for effective skin rejuvenation
Profhilo Recovery Timeline
Profhilo treatment, known for its efficacy in skin rejuvenation, also boasts a straightforward recovery process with minimal downtime. Understanding the recovery timeline and when to expect results can help set realistic expectations for patients undergoing this treatment.
Recovery Timeline for Profhilo Treatment
- Minimal Downtime: One of the appealing aspects of Profhilo is the minimal downtime required post-treatment. The vast majority of patients find they can resume their daily activities almost immediately after the procedure. This makes Profhilo a convenient option for those with busy lifestyles or for those who prefer a treatment with little to no interruption to their daily routine.
- Possible Side Effects: While the treatment is generally well-tolerated, some patients may experience mild side effects due to the hyaluronic acid injections. Common side effects include swelling and redness at the injection sites. However, these are typically mild and resolve within a few days. It’s important for patients to be aware of these potential side effects and understand that they are a normal part of the healing process.
Timeline for Seeing Results
- Initial Results: Patients can expect to see the initial results of the Profhilo treatment approximately one week after the first session. These early results typically include improvements in skin hydration and texture, with the skin appearing smoother and more radiant.
- Full Effects: The complete benefits of Profhilo, which include the production of new collagen and elastin, become more evident over time. It usually takes about 4-6 weeks after the second treatment session to see the full effects. This time frame allows for the natural processes of collagen and elastin synthesis to occur, leading to a noticeable improvement in skin tightness and elasticity.
- Enjoying the Final Outcome: After the full effects have developed, patients can enjoy a more youthful, taut, and glowing complexion. The rejuvenating effects of Profhilo not only enhance the skin’s appearance but also contribute to a more refreshed and revitalized overall look.
The Profhilo Treatment Journey: From Consultation to Procedure
Undergoing Profhilo treatment at Centre for Surgery involves a comprehensive process, starting with an initial consultation and culminating in the actual treatment sessions. Here’s an overview of what the journey entails:
Consultation Prior to Treatment
- Assessment of Suitability: The first step in the Profhilo treatment process is a detailed consultation with a skilled practitioner. This stage is crucial for assessing your eligibility for the treatment. The practitioner will evaluate various factors, including your skin condition, age, and specific cosmetic concerns.
- Discussion of Cosmetic Goals: During the consultation, you will have the opportunity to discuss your aesthetic objectives and expectations from the treatment. This open dialogue ensures that the practitioner fully understands your desired outcomes and can advise you accordingly.
- Tailoring the Treatment Plan: If Profhilo is deemed suitable for you, the practitioner will design a personalised treatment plan. This plan is tailored to address your specific concerns and to ensure that you achieve the best possible results from the Profhilo treatment.
- Two-Session Approach: The Profhilo treatment typically involves two injection sessions, spaced four weeks apart. This interval is strategically planned to maximize the effectiveness of the treatment, allowing for optimal absorption and distribution of hyaluronic acid within the skin.
- Injection Technique: During each session, Profhilo is carefully injected into five predetermined points on each side of the face. These points are specifically chosen to ensure even distribution of the hyaluronic acid, allowing for a comprehensive rejuvenation of the entire facial area. The precise placement of these injections is key to achieving the desired aesthetic results.
- Treatment of Other Body Areas: In addition to facial treatments, Profhilo can also be administered to other parts of the body. The number of injections and the amount of product used will vary depending on the area being treated. This flexibility allows Profhilo to cater to a wide range of cosmetic needs, whether it’s facial rejuvenation or skin improvement in areas like the neck, arms, or hands.
RELATED: How Long Does Profhilo Last?
Profhilo Injections in London: Discover Excellence at Centre for Surgery
What happens to the skin as we age?As we age with time, the most superficial component of the skin known as the epidermis begins to gradually lose its thickness which results in the dermis becoming more exposed to potential environmental insults. The ageing process is also characterised by a loss of collagen and elastin which the main components produced by fibroblasts found in the dermis. These important components of skin confer elasticity, firmness and suppleness to the skin. The loss of collagen and elastin results in lines, wrinkles and folds to appear and other skin imperfections, many of which are related to chronic sun exposure.
How Does Profhilo Improve Skin Quality?Profhilo significantly enhances skin quality by promoting tightness and smoothness. It achieves this through increasing skin hydration and stimulating the body’s natural production of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid. These processes work together to diminish fine lines and wrinkles, thereby improving the skin's overall texture and appearance.
Who is the ideal candidate for Profhilo treatment?Profhilo is most appropriate for younger patients after the age of 30 who have begun to notice features of ageing but are not ready to have dermal filler treatment like Juvederm. For patients looking to achieve a more youthful and rejuvenated look but without adding volume to localised areas like the cheek, Profhilo is an ideal injectable treatment. Collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid most commonly begin to diminish after the age of 30 often accelerated by factors such as chronic sun exposure.
Are There Any Risks Associated with Profhilo?As with any cosmetic procedure, Profhilo does carry certain risks. These can include unevenness or lumpiness in the skin, infection, allergic reactions, nerve injuries, haematoma, and skin discolouration. At Centre for Surgery, you will be thoroughly informed about all potential risks prior to undergoing treatment.
What is the Treatment Schedule for Profhilo?Profhilo requires two treatment sessions, ideally spaced one month apart. While improvements can be noted after the initial session, the complete benefits of Profhilo are best observed following the second treatment. This two-stage approach ensures optimal results.
Which areas of the body are best for profhilo treatment?Profhilo is most commonly injected into specific areas of the face and/or neck as a 2 step treatment. It can be used in other areas such as the décolleté, arms and backs of the hands. The improvement in skin firmness helps to reduce skin laxity and wrinkled areas of skin. This commonly occurs on the décolleté as this often an exposed area and is therefore exposed to the risk of sun damage and the effects of ageing.
For optimum results, our practitioners recommend a two treatment protocol with a 4 week gap between each treatment. Results can often develop as early as one week after the first treatment but it is important to have both treatments to see best results.
Do Profhilo injections hurt?Injection of Profhilo should cause minimal discomfort as the needles used are very fine in calibre. Your practitioner may use topical anaesthetic beforehand to numb the treatment area. Your practitioner will employ gentle techniques of injecting the filler and will only inject only small amounts on each pass of the needle or cannula. There may be some slight discomfort as the needle passes through the skin but this is very well tolerated.
You should not require painkillers and we would advise against the use of NSAIDS and these can impair blood clotting which increases the risk of significant bruising after the treatment.
What Should be Avoided After Profhilo?After receiving Profhilo, it’s important to avoid touching or applying makeup to the treated areas for the first 12-24 hours. Also, refrain from engaging in exercise and consuming alcohol for 48 hours. Chemical peels, laser treatments, or other skin procedures should be avoided for two weeks. Additionally, extreme sun exposure, UV light, freezing temperatures, and sauna visits should be avoided during this period.
How long does Profhilo treatment last?The rejuvenating effects of Profhilo typically last between 6 to 9 months following the completion of the second treatment. This duration allows for an extended period of enhanced skin quality and appearance.
How much does Profhilo cost?The cost of Profhilo treatment is £500 (£250 per syringe) and patients will need two treatments spaced four weeks apart. The cost of a consultation with one of our experienced aesthetic practitioners or dermatologists is £25 but this cost is fully redeemable towards the price of treatment if you decide to proceed with Profhilo after your consultation.
Is there a Profhilo clinic near me?Our state of the art cosmetic dermatology clinic is located at 95-97 Baker Street in Marylebone, Central London.