What is a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty?
The nose is widely regarded as the most prominent feature of our face. As a result, it is common to notice even minor imperfections as opposed to desirable features. Noses come in different shapes and sizes which present from birth, such as crooked noses or excessively large or small noses or even minor abnormalities that can exert a disproportionate influence on one’s confidence and self-esteem. The procedure of rhinoplasty or nose job surgery is commonly performed to address both aesthetic and/or functional aspects of the nose. Rhinoplasty can be a highly effective procedure and has evolved from a primitive procedure first performed thousands of years to a highly intricate and advanced procedure today. However, rhinoplasty is still a major undertaking, and many patients desire only subtle changes and often are not keen on the idea of a full surgical rhinoplasty.
Modern aesthetic techniques have advanced at such a pace that there is now a whole range of non-invasive options for optimising facial aesthetics without the need for invasive surgery. Although many problems can only be corrected with a surgical rhinoplasty, minor changes can now be corrected with hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, which can be injected as an outpatient procedure. Our expert rhinoplasty surgeons now offer the less invasive option of a non-surgical rhinoplasty, also known as a ’15 minute nose job’. The non-surgical rhinoplasty is a much more affordable treatment compared with a surgical rhinoplasty and doesn’t involve any incisions or scars. However, unlike surgical rhinoplasty, results are temporary in nature, and nasal injections need to be performed at regular intervals to maintain the results.
A non-surgical nose reshaping procedure is also referred to as a “liquid nose job” and involves the precise injection of nose filler containing hyaluronic acid into parts of the nose which require correction, leading to a change in the shape. A non-surgical nose job treatment can enhance the prominence of the tip, or even raise the tip if preferred, dorsal hump correction and augmentation of the nasal bridge. The procedure is able to smoothen out any irregularities or bumps and enhance volume and restore nasal symmetry. The objective of treatment is to create a more visually pleasing and naturally appearing nose that appears in harmony with the rest of the face. Unlike a surgical rhinoplasty, the results of a non-surgical nose job are immediately noticeable. The duration of results can be up to 12 months. For patients who are unsure about undergoing a surgical nose job, a non-surgical nose job is an excellent tester treatment to address parts of the nose you are unhappy with before considering more permanent changes with a surgical rhinoplasty.
A non-surgical nose job is not suitable for everyone. For patients who are more concerned about the size of their nose rather than the shape or for patients who are looking for significant changes to the structure of the nose, then a surgical rhinoplasty may be more appropriate. At your consultation with an expert rhinoplasty surgeon at Centre for Surgery, you will receive information on all the possible treatment options and what could work best for you to achieve the ideal result.
Benefits of non-surgical rhinoplasty
A non-surgical nose job, also known as a liquid rhinoplasty, is a cosmetic procedure that uses injectable fillers to reshape the nose without the need for surgery. There are several benefits of this procedure, including:
- Minimally invasive: A non-surgical nose job is a minimally invasive procedure that does not require incisions or a prolonged recovery period. This means that there is less pain and discomfort associated with the procedure, and patients can return to their normal activities soon after the treatment.
- Immediate results: Unlike surgical rhinoplasty, a non-surgical nose job can provide immediate results. This means that patients can see the changes to their nose immediately after the procedure and can make any necessary adjustments.
- No anaesthesia required: A non-surgical nose job does not require general anaesthesia, which can reduce the risk of complications associated with the procedure.
- Low risk of complications: A non-surgical nose job is considered a safe and effective procedure with a low risk of complications.
- Customisable: A non-surgical nose job can be customized to achieve the desired results, which means that the procedure can be tailored to the specific needs of the individual.
- Cost-effective: A non-surgical nose job is generally considered to be more cost-effective than surgical rhinoplasty, as it requires less time, less equipment and no general anesthesia.
- Non-permanent: Non-surgical nose job is a non-permanent solution, which means that the results of the treatment will fade over time and require maintenance.
It’s important to note that non-surgical nose jobs are not suitable for individuals who have severe nasal deformities or breathing issues or for those who are looking for a significant reshaping of their noses. Such cases require surgical rhinoplasty. Additionally, it’s important to have realistic expectations about the outcome of the procedure and to understand that the results are not permanent and that touch-up treatments may be required to maintain the desired appearance.
Which are the types of nose filler used for a non-surgical nose job?
A non-surgical nose job, also known as a “liquid nose job,” is a cosmetic procedure that uses injectable fillers to reshape the nose without the need for surgery. There are several types of injectable fillers that can be used for this purpose, including:
- Hyaluronic acid fillers: These fillers, such as Juvederm and Restylane, are made from a natural substance found in the body and are commonly used to add volume to the nose. They are considered safe and effective, and the results typically last for 6 to 12 months.
- Calcium hydroxyapatite fillers: These fillers, such as Radiesse, are made from a mineral that is found in the bones and is used to add volume and structure to the nose. They are considered to be longer lasting than hyaluronic acid fillers, and the results typically last for up to 2 years.
- Poly-L-lactic acid fillers: These fillers, such as Sculptra, are made from a synthetic material and are used to stimulate the production of collagen in the nose, which can help to improve the shape and contour of the nose. The results can take a few weeks to be visible and can last up to 2 years.
It’s important to note that non-surgical nose jobs are generally considered to be less invasive than surgical nose jobs, but they also tend to be less effective and long-lasting. Additionally, it’s important to find a qualified and experienced injector to help you achieve natural-looking results.
Am I suitable for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty?
A non-surgical nose job, also known as a liquid rhinoplasty, is a cosmetic procedure that uses injectable fillers to reshape the nose without the need for surgery. The ideal candidates for this procedure are individuals who are looking to make minor adjustments to the shape of their nose, rather than those who are looking for a complete reshaping of their nose.
- People looking to improve the appearance of a small hump or bump on the nose. A non-surgical nose job can be used to smooth out small bumps or humps on the nose, which can help to create a more symmetric and balanced appearance.
- People who want to straighten a slightly crooked nose. A non-surgical nose job can be used to straighten a slightly crooked nose, which can help to create a more symmetric and balanced appearance.
- People who want to improve the shape of the tip of the nose. A non-surgical nose job can be used to reshape the tip of the nose, which can help to create a more defined and shapely appearance.
- People who want a subtle change to their nose. Non-surgical nose job is ideal for those who want a subtle change to their nose, as the results are less dramatic than surgical rhinoplasty.
- People who want a non-permanent solution. Non-surgical nose job is a non-permanent solution, as the results of the treatment will fade over time and require maintenance.
It’s important to note that non-surgical nose jobs are not suitable for individuals who have severe nasal deformities or breathing issues, or for those who are looking for a significant reshaping of their nose. Such cases require surgical rhinoplasty. Additionally, it’s important to have realistic expectations about the outcome of the procedure, and to understand that the results are not permanent and that touch-up treatments may be required to maintain the desired appearance.
Non surgical rhinoplasty procedure
Non-surgical rhinoplasty, also known as “liquid nose job,” is a cosmetic procedure that uses dermal fillers to reshape and enhance the appearance of the nose without the need for surgery. The procedure is typically done in a doctor’s office and takes about 30 minutes to complete.
- Consultation: The first step is to have a consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon or aesthetic practitioner to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure. They will examine your nose and discuss your desired outcome with you.
- Preparation: Before the procedure, the practitioner will clean your nose and may apply a numbing cream to minimize any discomfort.
- Injection: The practitioner will then use a very fine needle to inject the dermal filler into specific areas of the nose, such as the bridge, tip, or nostrils. The filler is usually made of hyaluronic acid, a natural substance found in the body that helps to add volume and hydration.
- Shaping: The practitioner will then gently shape and mould the filler to achieve the desired outcome.
- Recovery: After the procedure, there may be some slight swelling and redness, but these side effects usually resolve within a few days. There is no downtime associated with non-surgical rhinoplasty, and you can return to your normal activities immediately.
It’s important to note that non-surgical rhinoplasty is considered a temporary solution, and results typically last for about 6-12 months before the filler needs to be reinjected. It is also important to find a qualified practitioner for this procedure as it can have some serious consequences if not done properly.
Recovery after non surgical nose job
Recovery after a non-surgical nose job, also known as a “liquid nose job,” is generally quick and easy, with minimal downtime. However, it’s important to follow the post-procedure instructions provided by your practitioner to ensure proper healing and the best results.
- Swelling and Bruising: Some swelling and bruising may occur immediately after the procedure, but this is normal and should resolve within a few days. The practitioner will provide you with ice packs or cold compresses to help reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Avoiding Certain Activities: You should avoid strenuous activities, such as exercise, for the first 24 hours after the procedure. You should also avoid touching, rubbing, or massaging the treated area for at least 24 hours.
- Sleeping Position: To minimize swelling, it’s recommended to sleep with your head elevated for the first few nights after the procedure.
- Sun Protection: It’s important to protect the treated area from sun exposure for the first few weeks after the procedure. You should wear sunscreen with at least SPF 30, and avoid prolonged sun exposure.
- Follow-up Appointment: Your practitioner will schedule a follow-up appointment to check on the healing process and to ensure that you are happy with the results.
It’s important to note that non-surgical rhinoplasty is considered a temporary solution, and results typically last for about 6-12 months before the filler needs to be reinjected. It’s also important to follow up with your practitioner if you experience any side effects such as severe pain, severe swelling, or an allergic reaction.
It is also important to note that results may vary depending on the individual, and it is always best to consult with a qualified practitioner before any kind of procedure.
Risks of a non-surgical nose job
Non-surgical rhinoplasty, also known as a “non-surgical nose job” or “liquid nose job,” is a cosmetic procedure that uses dermal fillers to reshape the nose without the need for surgery. While this procedure can be a convenient and less invasive alternative to traditional rhinoplasty, there are still risks involved.
Some of the risks associated with non-surgical rhinoplasty include:
- Bruising and swelling: As with any injection, there is a risk of bruising and swelling at the injection site. These side effects are generally temporary and should resolve within a few days.
- Allergic reactions: As dermal fillers are made from various materials, there is a small risk of an allergic reaction to the filler.
- Infection: Anytime the skin is punctured, there is a risk of infection. To reduce the risk of infection, make sure the practitioner performing the procedure is licensed and follows proper sterilisation techniques.
- Lumps or unevenness: The filler used in non-surgical rhinoplasty can create lumps or unevenness in the nose if not injected correctly.
- Migration of filler: The filler used in non-surgical rhinoplasty can migrate from the injection site if not injected correctly, which can cause asymmetry or other issues.
- Unsatisfying results: Non-surgical rhinoplasty is not as precise as surgical rhinoplasty and may not produce the desired results.
It’s important to note that non-surgical rhinoplasty can only make subtle changes to the shape of the nose, and it may not be suitable for those looking for more dramatic changes. It’s also important to choose a practitioner who is licensed and experienced in performing non-surgical rhinoplasty to reduce the risk of complications.
In conclusion, non-surgical rhinoplasty is a relatively safe and convenient procedure, but it still carries some risks. It is essential to be aware of the potential risks and to choose an experienced practitioner. Consultation with a plastic surgeon or a facial plastic surgeon is highly recommended before considering this procedure.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty at Centre for Surgery
What is included in my treatment package?
- As many preoperative consultations with your surgeon as you like to make sure the procedure is right for you
- Treatment at a specialist day surgery facility recently rated ‘Good’ by the CQC
- 24/7 clinical support from your surgeon for the first 48 hours and our expert postoperative support team
- Your very own dedicated patient coordinator
- In-depth preoperative medical assessment to make sure you are fully fit for the non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure
- Exceptionally high standards of postoperative care described as ‘outstanding’ by the CQC with regular telephone and face-to-face checks by our expert postoperative support team.
RealSelf Top Doctors
RealSelf’s top doctor status is awarded to less than 10% of the RealSelf doctor community. This status is earned by achieving consistently high patient satisfaction (from RealSelf reviews), getting excellent feedback on expert answers to patient questions, and investing significant time in Q&A and other doctor activities. RealSelf’s top doctors are rated among the very best surgeons in the United Kingdom.
Would a surgical rhinoplasty be better for me?Rhinoplasty surgery is a more invasive option and is probably better suited to patients who would like significant changes made to the nose which involve both the bony and cartilaginous framework and where there is disordered breathing.
At consultation, your plastic surgeon will examine you and be advise on the most suitable option for you and what can be achieved with each option.
What is non-surgical nose rhinoplasty?Non surgical rhinoplasty or non surgical nose job involves the use of dermal fillers to contour and shape the nose without the need for a surgical rhinoplasty. The rhino filler procedure gives results that can last for one year and treatment results are often visible immediately after the procedure with a natural look. The benefit of the non surgical technique is its reversibility, meaning you can have areas reshaped if you prefer.
The liquid rhinoplasty procedure is ideal for patients who are concerned with minor nasal defects who would like more subtle correction compared with a surgical rhinoplasty which is better for more major modifications of the nose that may involve both cartilage and bone reshaping.
Why get a non-surgical nose job?Non-surgical rhinoplasty is a very quick 15-minute treatment also known as a 15-minute nose job. Many patients have been known to have the procedure during their lunch break.
The treatment is carried out by highly skilled and experienced plastic surgeons who also have expertise in surgical rhinoplasty.
You can expect results to appear immediately and be naturally looking
If you’re not happy with the results, the treatment can be easily reversed with the injection of hyalase
There are no incisions or scars with a non-surgical nose job as it is a non-invasive procedure
A non-surgical nose job is not associated with downtime, unlike a surgical rhinoplasty. Patients can return to their normal activities straight away and with no restriction on what they can and cannot do.
What does a non-surgical nose job target?A non-surgical nose job entails the use of dermal fillers containing hyaluronic acid to correct minor imperfections of the nose. Our highly skilled plastic surgeons use soft tissue filler to address dents in the nose or correct dorsal humps to create an illusion of removing the dorsal hump as well as minor improvements to the nose. Hyaluronic acid fillers are temporary in nature, so patients will need to have regular maintenance treatments to ensure the results do not diminish with time. Many patients are not keen on the idea of a surgical rhinoplasty and therefore prefer the minimally invasive nature of a non-surgical rhinoplasty for its convenience and effectiveness.
The main advantage of non-surgical rhinoplasty is its minimally invasive nature, with no requirements for incisions, no scars and no downtime. Surgical rhinoplasty can result in significant swelling that can take a full year to settle fully and is a more involved and pricier option for optimising the nose's appearance. For many patients who are not yet ready to commit to a full surgical rhinoplasty but would still like to have subtle improvement of the nose, non-surgical rhinoplasty can be an ideal treatment option. The non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure can correct a droopy tip, minor deviation of the nose and flattening out dorsal humps on the bridge of the nose. Similar to surgical rhinoplasty, non-surgical rhinoplasty has many psychological benefits, with potential improvements in emotional well-being and confidence.
There are a wide variety of nose fillers composed of hyaluronic acid which is available. The exact type of dermal filler used for your nonsurgical rhinoplasty procedure will depend on your expectations for treatment.
We only use temporary nose fillers at Centre for Surgery based on hyaluronic acid, which occurs naturally in the human body. Hyaluronic acid naturally degrades over time, making this filler the safest form of soft tissue filler to inject for non-surgical rhinoplasty. Hyaluronic acid has a smooth, almost jelly-like consistency and is most commonly found in the connective tissue and skin.
Although there are hundreds of different types of soft tissue fillers used for a nonsurgical nose job, the most commonly used dermal fillers at Centre for Surgery are Juvederm and Restylane.
Juvederm is one of the leading products used for nonsurgical rhinoplasty and has one of the best safety records of any type of filler currently available. This filler is not only used for nonsurgical nose reshaping but also to address volume loss in other parts of the face as well as for the softening of lines and wrinkles in the perioral region. Many patients choose to have a nonsurgical rhinoplasty in combination with filler treatment for other parts of the face.
Restylane was formerly the most commonly used soft tissue filler and is still used very commonly for nonsurgical facial rejuvenation. Compared with Juvederm, Restylane has more of a gritty consistency compared with Juvederm. The smoothness of Juvederm makes it an ideal filler for the treatment of lines and wrinkles on the face.
Can I have nose fillers if I am pregnant?There are not known to be any extra risks of having dermal fillers whilst pregnant although our policy at Centre for Surgery is to avoid offering any type of injectable treatment for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
What can non surgical rhinoplasty be used for?Non surgical rhinoplasty is excellent as a non invasive treatment for the correction of minor nasal imperfections such as:
- correction of nasal asymmetry
- optimise dorsal profile
- reduce an over projected or droopy tip
- reduce a crooked or bent nose
- correct saddle nose deformity
- smoothen imperfections on the nasal bone often from previous rhinoplasty
What can a non surgical rhinoplasty not correct?Non-surgical rhinoplasty is ineffective for a number of nasal conditions including:
- Reduction of the size of the nose
- reducing the tip of the nose
- correction of significant nasal asymmetry
- Dorsal hump reduction
- septal deviation
- Functional nose issues such as impaired breathing
Are nose fillers safe?Dermal fillers are composed of hyaluronic acid and are a very safe treatment when performed by a qualified medically trained practitioner. The results of the treatment can be fine-tuned by an experienced injector and if for any reason, you are not happy with the results, the filler can be dissolved and re-injected easily.
There are known risks of dermal fillers which although extremely rare are important to be aware of although are virtually unheard off when the treatment is performed in an accredited medical Setting by a trained medical expert. Typical risks include:
- Nasal asymmetry
- Allergy to nose filler
- Skin necrosis
- Localised bruising and swelling
- Redness and bleeding at the injection site
- Granuloma formation
Your practitioner will explain all the risks and potential complications of non-surgical rhinoplasty at your consultation.
Who will perform my non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure?In the UK, facial injectables can be carried out by any aesthetic practitioner as there is a lack of national regulation in this area. This has led to a large increase in the number of unqualified practitioners carrying out the treatment in unregulated locations and without the necessary emergency back up facilities and equipment. It is even possible to have filler injections in places such as gyms, beauty salons and even someone's home!. Facial injectables do carry an element of risk especially dermal filler injections and having your injections in potentially unsafe locations can lead to a potential risk of harm.
At Centre for Surgery, all our non-surgical rhinoplasty treatments using dermal filler are performed only by plastic surgeons who also regularly perform surgical rhinoplasty in CQC regulated premises.
Can I have non-surgical rhinoplasty?You will be a suitable candidate for the procedure if you are 18 years or older, are unhappy with the appearance of your nose, want to make slight alterations to the appearance, and have reasonable expectations about what the procedure can achieve.
Prior to undergoing the procedure, you will have a consultation with one of the surgeons, who will be able to assess your eligibility for the procedure.
Who is not a suitable candidate for non surgical rhinoplasty?If you want to make your nose smaller, completely change the shape of the nose, or wish to correct breathing problems, you will not be a suitable candidate. Instead, you should opt for a surgical rhinoplasty.
What instructions should I follow before having non-surgical rhinoplasty?Before having rhinofiller, we would recommend to prepare your skin to enable it to be in optimal condition prior to nose filler treatment. You should avoid drinking alcohol for a few day before treatment to reduce the risk of troublesome bleeding and bruising. We would also advise to have a good nights sleep the night before treatment. It is wise to have your usual morning cup of tea or coffee to calm any nerves before treatment.
Medicines containing NSAIDS or aspirin should be avoided for at least one week before treatment as these medicines are known blood thinners which can increase the risk of bleeding and bruising.
Will injection of local anaesthetic be required for my non-surgical nose job?No. Injections of nose filler course hardly any discomfort with the vast majority of patients tolerating the treatment without any issues. The treatment is straightforward to perform and takes approximately 30 minutes to carry out. In a small number of cases, your practitioner may apply a topical anaesthetic prior to treatment.
How is a non-surgical rhinoplasty performed?Dermal fillers will be injected into your nose at several different locations, depending on your desired look.
The surgeon will then massage the filler to ensure you achieve your goal look.
How soon can I expect to see the results?
How many syringes of filler will I need for treatment?
Do you offer permanent nose fillers?
Do I need to take time off work after having had a non-surgical rhinoplasty?No, there is no downtime after having had a non-surgical nose reshaping procedure. You may return to most activities of daily living immediately. It is normal to experience a degree of redness, bruising and swelling and your nose may be tender to touch for the first 4-6 hours after treatment. We would advise against strenuous exercise for the first 48 hours to facilitate good healing.
How long does non-surgical nose reshaping take to perform?Non-surgical nose reshaping takes about 30 minutes to perform on average depending on the type of correction planned. Follow-up visits for top-ups of nose filler are much shorter and often take about 15 minutes to perform.
Does the non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure hurt?Injections of filler into the nose can be uncomfortable depending on the area injected and the injection technique. Tiny volumes injected on each pass result in less discomfort. To reduce injection discomfort, your practitioner may apply a topical local anaesthetic for 45 minutes beforehand and this makes the treatment very tolerated.
Can nose fillers be removed at a later date?
Can I have non surgical rhinoplasty if I have previously had nose surgery?Yes. A non-surgical rhinoplasty and a surgical rhinoplasty often go together well with one another. This is because they have similar aims and objectives in achieving a more defined and sculpted nose with many patients having touchup nose filler after a surgical rhinoplasty. We would recommend waiting at least 12 months after having a surgical rhinoplasty before considering having a non-surgical nose job. If you are still keen to address any minor imperfections, you can then consider having a non-surgical rhinoplasty to achieve your aesthetic objectives.
Is there any downtime after a non surgical rhinoplasty procedure?There is a very short recovery period, as this is not a surgical procedure. You will not have to wear any garments or dressings following the procedure.
You may experience some bruising and swelling which will go away after a few days.
You will have to avoid bumping or knocking the nose for five days.
We recommend you sleep on your back and avoid sleeping on your front or side.
When can I wear glasses after the non-surgical nose job procedure?It is important to avoid touching your nose too much immediately after the procedure to avoid the migration of filler. It is generally considered acceptable to wear glasses after the procedure however it is important to check with your doctor before doing so. If you have had filler injected into the nasal dorsum, you may be advised to wear contact lenses instead for a couple of weeks.
How long do the results of a non-surgical nose job last?The filler can last anywhere between 9 to 12 months. This varies from person to person and depends on factors such as metabolic rate and physical activity.
If you would like to maintain the appearance of your new nose, you will need to have more fillers after this point.
What happens if I don't like the results of my non-surgical rhinoplasty?Unlike a surgical rhinoplasty, if you do not like the appearance of your nose after non-surgical nose reshaping, it is easy to reverse.
You can wait for the fillers to dissolve naturally. However, if you do not wish to wait that long, you can have injections which will dissolve the filler. This will leave your nose looking as it did prior to having the dermal fillers.