Comprehensive Guide to Breast Augmentation at Centre for Surgery: From Consultation to Post-Operative Care
In today’s digital era, potential patients often arrive at our clinic well-informed about breast augmentation, thanks to the abundance of information available on platforms like RealSelf, Facebook, and Instagram. They frequently have a clear vision of their desired outcomes and the process involved in breast augmentation surgery. However, it’s important to remember that each clinic operates uniquely, and many individuals still find themselves at the beginning of their research journey, uncertain about where to start.
At Centre for Surgery, we recognise the need for clear and tailored guidance for those considering breast augmentation. To address this, we have meticulously crafted a comprehensive guide specifically for our clients. This guide is designed to provide a seamless journey, beginning with your initial consultation and extending through to your six-month post-operative follow-up.
We understand that every step in this journey is crucial. Therefore, our guide includes detailed insights into what you can expect during your initial consultation, the various options available for breast augmentation, and how to prepare for your surgery. We also delve into postoperative care, providing valuable tips on recovery and maintenance to ensure the best possible outcomes.
Our team at Centre for Surgery is committed to supporting you throughout this transformative journey. We aim to equip you with all the necessary information, ensuring a comfortable and informed experience that aligns with your expectations and desired results. With our guide, we hope to make your breast augmentation journey at Centre for Surgery as smooth and rewarding as possible.
RELATED: How to Get Bigger Boobs
What do I need to know before I meet with my surgeon?
Before meeting with your surgeon for a breast augmentation consultation, it’s essential to have a basic understanding of the process, though extensive pre-research is not mandatory at our clinic. Here are some key points to consider:
- General Anaesthesia: Be aware that breast augmentation surgery is always performed under general anaesthesia. This means you’ll be completely asleep during the procedure, and it requires special preparation and post-operative care.
- Recovery Time: Post-surgery, you’ll need at least one week off from work and regular household duties. This recovery period is crucial for your healing and comfort.
- Physical Activity Restrictions: For the first four weeks after the surgery, avoid heavy lifting and strenuous exercise. If you have young children, you might be able to lift them for necessary tasks like placing them in a car seat after a week or two, but this will be discussed in detail during your consultation.
- Reference Photos: While it’s helpful to bring reference photos to your first consultation, it’s not absolutely necessary. We have an extensive collection of before and after images to aid in the discussion. More importantly, we focus on understanding the look you desire through conversation. Our goal is to ensure you feel confident and happy with your implant selection.
- Personalisation of Treatment: It’s important to remember that each individual’s body is unique. While it might be tempting to request implants similar to a friend’s, we advise against this. Our approach is to understand the look you wish to achieve and recommend the most suitable implant for your specific body type and goals.