Apart from making your bottom look better, a Brazilian Butt Lift, commonly known as a BBL, offers various other advantages. One such advantage is that it can make the indents on the sides of your hips, known as “hip dips,” look smoother and more filled out. In the following sections, we’ll go into more detail about how our skilled surgeons at Centre for Surgery utilise the BBL procedure to specifically address and improve the look of hip dips.
What Are Hip Dips?
Hip dips, sometimes referred to as violin hips, are indentations or slight inward curves that appear on the sides of your hips. These dips occur in the area between the ilium — which is the large, prominent bone at the upper part of your hip — and the actual socket of the hip joint.
RELATED: How to Get Rid of Hip Dips
The depth or prominence of these hip dips can differ greatly among individuals, and this is largely due to variations in their skeletal structure. Specifically, the distance between the ilium and the hip socket determines how noticeable the hip dips are. If the distance between these two bones is longer, the dip will generally appear deeper, giving the hips a more angular look. On the other hand, for people with a shorter distance between the ilium and hip socket, the hip dips tend to be less noticeable, resulting in rounder and smoother-looking hips.
What Leads to the Formation of Hip Dips?
Hip dips are a natural part of your body’s anatomy, but they are more noticeable in some individuals than in others. One reason for this variation is that women typically have wider hips compared to men, which makes them more prone to having noticeable hip dips. The root cause of hip dips lies in your genetic makeup, which shapes your skeletal structure. This skeletal framework ultimately dictates whether or not you will have hip dips, and how pronounced they will be.
However, it’s not just your bones that play a role; the distribution of body fat and muscle also has a significant impact. If you have lower levels of body fat and muscle mass in the hip and buttock areas, the dips or indentations are likely to appear more defined. Conversely, if you have more body fat and muscle in these regions, the hip dips may be less noticeable because the additional tissue fills out the space, making your hips appear smoother.
How to Improve the Appearance of Hip Dips
While it’s technically not possible to completely eliminate hip dips due to their being a natural component of your skeletal structure, there are several approaches you can take to improve their appearance:
Exercise and Diet
One of the most natural ways to address hip dips is through targeted exercise. Exercises that focus on strengthening your glutes and abductors, like glute bridges, lunges, and squats, can build lean muscle mass around the hip area. This added muscle can help to round out the hips and make the dips less noticeable. However, it’s essential to complement your exercise regimen with a nutritious diet. Consuming a diet that’s rich in proteins and healthy fats can help you build and sustain muscle mass, thereby contributing to the rounded appearance of your hips.
If you’re looking for a more immediate solution, various cosmetic treatments can be employed:
- Injectable Fillers: Medical professionals can inject dermal fillers into the hip dip area to smooth out the indentations, resulting in a more hourglass-like figure. This method is non-invasive but does require maintenance. You’ll need to return for additional treatments every couple of years to keep up the improved appearance.
- Fat Grafting: Another option to consider is fat grafting, which is a surgical procedure. In this treatment, surgeons remove fat from one part of your body and then inject it into the hip dip area. This can provide a more permanent solution to make the dips less noticeable, as it uses your own body fat to fill in the depressions.
Fat Grafting and Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)
A Brazilian Butt Lift, often referred to as a BBL, is a specialised cosmetic surgery that utilises the technique of fat grafting, also known as fat transfer or fat injections, to enhance and reshape both the buttocks and hips. In this procedure, surgeons remove excess fat from certain areas of your body, like the abdomen or thighs, through liposuction. This extracted fat is then purified and carefully injected into the buttocks and hip areas to achieve the desired shape and volume.
Key Benefits of BBL
The BBL has become the go-to option for those seeking to augment their buttocks and address hip dips, and for good reason. Here are some of the notable benefits:
- Customisable Shape: One of the most appealing aspects of BBL is its customisability. Fat grafting allows surgeons to sculpt and reshape your buttocks and hips according to your specific preferences, essentially providing you with the curvy, rounded hips that you desire, while effectively concealing any hip dips.
- Body Sculpting: As a side benefit, the BBL procedure also helps to sculpt other areas of your body. When the surgeon removes excess fat from places like your abdomen or thighs, you’re essentially getting a two-for-one: enhancement of your buttocks and hips along with slimming down other problem areas.
- Natural Appearance: Compared to buttock implants, BBL offers a more natural look and feel, as it uses your own body fat to achieve the augmentation. This also means there’s less risk of an allergic reaction or rejection, which can happen with synthetic materials.
- Reduced Scarring: Since BBL involves injecting fat rather than inserting implants, the procedure typically results in less scarring, offering a more discreet outcome.
- Enhanced Safety: At Centre for Surgery, we utilise an ultrasound-guided BBL technique, which is considered safer and comes with fewer risks compared to traditional BBL methods. This approach enables more precise fat placement, reducing the likelihood of complications.
The ultrasound-guided BBL procedure typically takes between 2 to 4 hours to complete. The surgery involves several key steps:
- Liposuction: First, your surgeon will perform liposuction on predetermined areas of your body to harvest the necessary fat.
- Fat Processing: The extracted fat is then purified and prepared for re-injection.
- Fat Transfer: Using ultrasound guidance for increased accuracy, the surgeon then injects this processed fat into targeted areas of your buttocks and hips to achieve the shape you desire and to fill out any hip dips, resulting in a more uniform appearance.
After the procedure, it’s common to experience some swelling and bruising in the treated areas, including the buttocks, hips, and the sites where liposuction was performed. This should gradually diminish over a few weeks. Most patients can expect to return to work and engage in light daily activities within 2 to 3 weeks following the surgery. Exercise routines can generally be resumed after about 4 weeks. We’ll provide you with comprehensive aftercare instructions to help you navigate the recovery process and ensure the longevity of your fat grafts.
While you’ll notice immediate enhancement in the shape of your buttocks and hips, the final, more refined results will take some time to manifest. As the swelling decreases and the transferred fat settles into its new location, you can expect to see the complete results in about 3 to 6 months. At this stage, the transferred fat cells will have stabilised, and you’ll experience what is known as the “fluffing” stage, where your skin adjusts to accommodate the new fat distribution.
Cost of BBL Surgery for Hip Dips at Centre for Surgery
The starting price for a Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) aimed at improving hip dips at Centre for Surgery in London is generally around £7000. It’s important to note that the BBL is a highly customised treatment, so the final cost can vary based on several factors. These include the specific areas of your body targeted for liposuction and any unique surgical requirements you may have. To get a precise quote, a consultation with one of our BBL surgeons at Centre for Surgery is necessary.
Is BBL Safe? What Sets Centre for Surgery Apart
The safety of a Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) largely depends on the qualifications, experience, and techniques employed by the surgeon. As a complex cosmetic surgery, BBL has its risks, but these can be substantially mitigated by selecting a highly skilled and experienced surgeon.
Ultrasound-Guided BBL Technique
At Centre for Surgery, we employ an ultrasound-guided technique that has been used successfully on hundreds of patients. This advanced method allows our surgeons to inject fat superficially above the gluteal muscle, making the procedure considerably safer than traditional BBL techniques. The use of real-time ultrasound guidance offers a higher degree of precision, reducing the likelihood of complications such as fat embolism, which can occur when fat is mistakenly injected into blood vessels.
Our surgeons are not just highly trained and experienced; they are also considered key opinion leaders in the field of BBL surgery. Their expertise ensures that you are in the most capable hands throughout the process, from the initial consultation to the post-operative care.
BBL for Hip Dips: Why Choose Centre for Surgery?
At Centre for Surgery, we pride ourselves on our exceptional level of surgical skill and patient care. Our team of surgeons is not just highly experienced; they are also key opinion leaders in the field of Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) surgery. Our in-house use of advanced ultrasound-guided techniques provides a safer and more effective approach to BBL, setting us apart from many other clinics.
We utilise real-time ultrasound to guide the fat transfer process, significantly improving the safety and precision of the BBL procedure. This advanced method allows our surgeons to inject fat superficially above the gluteal muscle, avoiding many of the risks associated with traditional BBL procedures.
We offer a tailored experience, customising each BBL to meet the individual needs and aspirations of the patient. From your initial consultation to your aftercare, we ensure that your journey with us is as smooth and rewarding as possible.
What Our Patients Are Saying
Here are some testimonials from our delighted patients:
- “My experience at Centre for Surgery was amazing. Not only did I achieve the hourglass figure I’ve always dreamed of, but the care I received made me feel truly valued.”
- “The ultrasound-guided technique made all the difference. My recovery was swift, and the results exceeded my expectations.”
- “I felt I was in extremely capable hands from start to finish. The staff were caring, and the surgeons are truly experts in their field.”
To book a consultation and discuss your BBL options in detail, please contact us via the following methods:
- Phone: 0207 993 4849
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 95-97 Baker Street, London W1U 6RN
For further reading and to gain in-depth knowledge about BBL and other plastic surgery procedures, please visit our plastic surgery blog: Centre for Surgery Blog
In choosing Centre for Surgery for your BBL procedure, you are opting for leading-edge surgical techniques, world-class surgeons, and an unmatchable patient experience. Your safety, satisfaction, and breathtaking results are our top priorities.