If you have been considering a mummy makeover, then it is highly likely you will have carried out plenty of research and are aware that this surgical procedure is a significant undertaking. Mummy makeover is considered major surgery because it is usually a combination procedure where multiple different procedures are combined into a single operation. Many patients often ask us at Centre for Surgery how much does a mummy makeover cost UK?
RELATED: Is a mummy makeover worth it?
What factors determine the cost and prices of a mummy makeover procedure?
Every mummy makeover procedure is customised to the needs of the individual woman. There is no one size fits all mummy makeover. Some women may only need one procedure to achieve the pre-pregnancy body. Others may need a combination of two or three different procedures combined in one operation. Everyone’s needs will differ when it comes to mummy makeover surgery. Costs and prices of a mummy makeover will depend entirely on which procedure or combination of procedures you choose to undergo. Below are the most common procedures which make up a mummy makeover surgery:
- Breast lift – breast lift surgery is commonly requested after childbirth because the procedure can significantly improve the appearance of sagging and drooping breasts. As part of the breastfeeding process, the skin naturally stretches as milk production increases. Once breastfeeding is complete, the stretched skin does not return to its normal tightness. The breasts are likely to droop in many women once they have completed breastfeeding. Many women may choose to enhance the volume of their breasts in addition to achieving a breast lift. This is particularly the case if your breasts lacked volume or shape prior to pregnancy.
- Liposuction – liposuction is the common part of mummy makeover surgery and involves the removal of excess fat with specialised cannulas connected to vacuum suction. Liposuction is a minimally invasive procedure and is useful for getting rid of belly fat and love handles. Thigh liposuction is also highly effective in creating slimmer and more contoured-looking thighs. In some cases, liposuction is combined with a tummy tuck to help create smoother-looking skin whilst getting rid of excess fat to create an hourglass figure.
- Tummy tuck – tummy tuck or abdominoplasty surgery is often requested for women who have developed sagging skin on their abdomen. For women who are concerned about the appearance of the midsection, the skin can be effectively tightened for a smoother and more contoured look that gets rid of belly fat at the same time. As part of tummy tuck surgery, the surgeon will position the incision at the bikini line and bring skin downwards to create a tighter-looking abdomen. As part of an abdominoplasty procedure, the belly button or umbilicus may need to be repositioned to ensure the final tummy tuck results appear natural looking.
- Labiaplasty – labiaplasty or labia reduction is designed to reduce the size of labia that have been stretched out too much during childbirth. In many cases, the inner labia minora make protrude excessively, which may cause them to catch on certain types of clothing and during sexual intercourse. Labiaplasty surgery involves the removal of excess skin and closure of the incisions with dissolvable stitches to create smooth and natural-looking labia.
How long should I wait before having a mummy makeover?
It’s important to remember that pregnancy and childbirth can have an enormous impact on the body. How you look after yourself after childbirth depends to a great extent on how well you recover and heal in general. We would recommend waiting for at least six months before having a mummy makeover consultation. This will give your body the time it needs to heal and recover and, in turn, will ensure you get the best possible results from mummy makeover surgery.
Am I suitable for mummy makeover?
Mummy makeover cost London may also be determined by your overall state of health. It is important to bear in mind that not everyone is suitable for mommy makeover surgery. Your surgeon will assess your fitness for Surgery at your consultation to determine whether you are suitable for the procedure. Several factors will be taken into account, including:
- Physical and mental health – every surgical procedure involves certain risks and side effects. Patients are less likely to develop complications after mummy makeovers if they have good overall health. If you are a smoker, we would strongly recommend you stop smoking at least four weeks before the procedure. Alcohol should also be stopped at least one week before the procedure. Some women may develop type two diabetes during pregnancy, and this may increase the risk of developing wound complications after surgery. This is why we always perform a detailed preoperative assessment prior to a mummy makeover to rule out any potential areas of concern and minimise the risk of complications occurring.
- Body mass index – mummy makeover surgery is designed to contour and enhance your body and physique and is not a tool for losing weight. Patients should be at their ideal body weight prior to having a mummy makeover. This means you are likely to get the best mummy makeover results as the surgeon is able to pull the skin tight more effectively to create a defined and contoured figure that you are hoping to achieve.
- Future plans for pregnancy – mummy makeover surgery should only be considered if you are not planning to have any more children. If you become pregnant after having mummy makeover surgery, there is a risk of undoing the amazing results achieved during your mummy makeover procedure. Once you have completed your family, you can move forward with confidence knowing that our expert surgeons can help you achieve your desired look.
RELATED: How long is mummy makeover recovery?
Where to go for a mummy makeover in London?
Centre for Surgery is the leading cosmetic surgery clinic in London, and our consultant plastic surgeons are considered some of the best mummy makeover surgeons in the UK. Although mummy makeover is a major procedure, our mummy makeover patients are thrilled with their results, and the transformation the surgery offers is well worth the effort and patience. Our Baker Street clinic in Marylebone is conveniently located to allow patients from both London and the rest of the UK to access our many years of expertise in mummy makeover surgery.