You will need to be older than 18 years old.
You will need to be a non-smoker or be able to stop smoking at least two weeks prior to the procedure.
The hand rejuvenation procedure is performed purely for cosmetic purposes, to help improve one’s image and self-esteem. It is ideal for:
- Those who are starting to see signs of ageing on their hands
- Those whose hands may have started to appear very bony and also may have prominent veins
- Sun-damaged hands or for those who have started noticing visibly dark spots
The consultation begins by having an opportunity to discuss your ideas, concerns and expectations about the hand rejuvenation procedure with your surgeon, and ask any relevant questions you may have.
Your hand rejuvenation surgeon will:
- Take a focused history and examine you
- Explain the hand rejuvenation procedure
- Take your needs and preferences into account when deciding on the most appropriate treatment option for you
What is the recovery period like?
The aftercare after a hand rejuvenation treatment will have to be discussed with your surgeon as it varies depending on the procedure you have opted for.
However, you can expect some swelling and bruising of the hands right after your procedure, which should fade quickly over time. Ice packs should be applied to the area if too painful. You will most likely have to avoid the sun as well as keep your hands constantly clean for the first week.
During your consultation, the surgeon should also give you detailed information about the potential complications associated with the hand rejuvenation procedure you may be opting for.
Are there any potential complications?
All surgical procedures come with a certain degree of risks, but fortunately, side effects after hand rejuvenation treatments are known to be quite rare.
Some common potential risks are:
- Swelling and bruising that may lead to bleeding and infection
- Allergic reaction to anaesthesia or chemicals used for some procedures
- Temporary loss of sensation
- Fat re-absorption after fat transfer
Are you interested in hand rejuvenation? Contact Centre for Surgery today to find out more details.