Chin liposuction is a surgical procedure that involves removing excess fat from the chin and neck area using a hollow tube called a cannula. The procedure is usually performed under local or general anaesthesia and typically takes one to two hours to complete. Recovery time can vary, but most patients can return to work and other normal activities within a week or two. Chin liposuction can help to eliminate a double chin and achieve a more contoured neck and jawline.
Does chin lipo leave scars?
The incision made during double chin liposuction is usually very small and typically measures less than a quarter inch in length. It is typically made in an inconspicuous location, such as under the chin or behind the ear, to minimize the visibility of any scarring.
The healing process of an incision is individual and depends on many factors, such as the patient’s age, overall health, and the surgeon’s skill. However, in general, chin liposuction scars are typically well-hidden and heal very well, leaving minimal visible scarring.
How long does it take to heal after chin lipo?
Chin liposuction is a relatively simple and straightforward procedure, and recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, in general, most people can return to work and resume normal activities within a week or two after the procedure.
After the surgery, it is normal to have some swelling and bruising in the treated area. The swelling typically peaks within the first few days and then gradually subsides over the course of the next several weeks. The amount of swelling and bruising can vary depending on the individual, but most people are able to return to work within a week or two.
It is also common to have some numbness, tingling, or itching in the treated area, as well as some tightness or discomfort. These symptoms typically subside within a few weeks after the procedure.
Patients will have to wear a compression garment for a few weeks following the procedure to minimise swelling and to help the skin conform to its new shape.
Overall, it is important to follow the instructions provided by your surgeon for post-operative care and to avoid strenuous activities or heavy lifting for at least a few weeks after the procedure to ensure proper healing.
It is important to note that full recovery from chin liposuction can take several months, and it may take up to six months for the final results to be visible. The final result of chin liposuction can be evaluated after six months to 1 year when the swelling is completely subsided.
Do chin liposuction scars go away?
As mentioned before, chin liposuction typically involves making a small incision, usually less than a quarter inch in length, in an inconspicuous location, such as under the chin or behind the ear. This incision typically heals very well and leaves minimal visible scarring.
It’s important to keep in mind that all surgical procedures carry a risk of scarring, and the appearance of scars can vary depending on factors such as the individual’s age, overall health, and the skill of the surgeon. However, the incisions made during chin liposuction are small and typically well-hidden, and most people will not notice any visible scarring after the procedure.
It’s also worth noting that even if some scarring is visible, it will typically fade over time. Most scars will become less visible within the first few months following surgery and continue to fade over the next year.
It’s also important to remember that the incision is not the only place where a scar can occur. Some people may develop a condition called “lumps and bumps” which is a result of an uneven healing process where scar tissue forms and causes a small lump or bump to appear on the skin. These are usually not harmful and can be treated with scar massage or, in some cases, scar revision surgery.
It’s always important to have realistic expectations about the outcome of any surgical procedure and to discuss any concerns about scarring with your surgeon before the procedure.
How to minimise the appearance of chin liposuction scars?
There are a few things you can do to help minimise the appearance of any scarring from chin liposuction:
- Follow your surgeon’s postoperative instructions: Following your surgeon’s instructions for post-operative care is crucial for proper healing and minimising scarring. This may include things such as keeping the incision area clean, avoiding strenuous activities and heavy lifting, and wearing a compression garment as directed.
- Avoid sun exposure: Sun exposure can cause scarring to become darker, wider and more visible. Avoid sun exposure to the incision area, and if you must be in the sun, be sure to protect the area with sunscreen or clothing.
- Keep the incision area moisturized: Keeping the incision area moisturized can help to prevent itching and dryness, which can lead to scarring.
- Massage the scar: Massaging the scar can help to soften and flatten the scar tissue, making it less noticeable over time.
- Silicone sheets or gels: Silicone sheets or gels can be used to reduce the appearance of scarring by keeping the scar hydrated and by providing pressure on the scar tissue, which can help to soften and flatten the scar over time.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking can slow down the healing process and increase the risk of complications, including scarring.
- Consider scar revision surgery: If scarring is severe or unsightly, scar revision surgery may be an option to minimise the appearance of the scar.
It is important to remember that scarring is a natural part of the healing process, and even with the best care, some scarring may still be visible. However, by taking steps to minimise the appearance of scarring, you can help to ensure that any scarring is as minimal and unobtrusive as possible. Be sure to discuss your concerns about scarring with your surgeon, and follow their advice for postoperative care.
How much does chin liposuction cost in London?
The cost of chin liposuction in London can vary depending on several factors, such as the surgeon’s experience, the location of the clinic, and the extent of the treatment. On average, the cost of chin liposuction in London at Centre for Surgery can range from £2000 to £4000. It’s important to note that these prices are just estimates, and the final cost may vary. Call us today to schedule a consultation with a certified plastic surgeon to get a more accurate quote for the procedure.