Sometimes, going through a standard breast augmentation surgery is not enough to obtain the desired breast aesthetic. This is the reason why more and more women nowadays choose composite breast augmentation, which comes with several benefits in terms of implants appearance. The problems and limitations that surround a standard breast implant procedure can be addressed with this type of surgical intervention.
Why opt for composite breast augmentation?
There are numerous reasons for wanting composite breast augmentation, including:
- Enhance existing breast implant’s appearance
- Correct breast deformities – A breast augmentation surgery g wrong can have a negative impact on your self-esteem, so what composite breast augmentation can do for you is correct any deformities that you might be dealing with, and thus achieve an aesthetically pleasant breast appearance.
- Obtain more natural results – one reason why many women decide to opt for a composite breast augmentation is that it gives them the opportunity to obtain more natural results. The implants will provide you with the desired size, while the fat transfer to breasts has the role of giving the implants that natural feel and aspect.
- Optimal shape – although obtaining the breast size you desire is possible through traditional breast implants, controlling the shape can be a bit more difficult without any further interventions. With this breast augmentation addition, you can obtain the desired shape and size.
Who should have composite breast augmentation?
- Women who wish to obtain fullness in upper breast and maximum cleavage
- Those who desire to fix a problem zone, caused by localized subcutaneous fat that needs to be reduced.
- Women who are interested in a customized breast appearance
- Women who deal with shrunken breasts after an augmentation surgery
- Insufficient breast tissue to cover implants
- Uneven or deformed breasts
If you are finding yourself in any of these situations, composite breast augmentation will be the perfect answer for you. Fixing a wide range of breast problems, this intervention is suitable for any woman who is not completely satisfied with the appearance of her breasts.
What happens during a composite breast augmentation?
Prior to any procedure, you will be required to have a consultation with a surgeon.
During the consultation, you will have the chance to express your expectations on the entire procedure as well as learn what it involves and what are the necessary steps that need to be taken. It is important to ask any questions during your examination, so you can understand how the entire process will go, and not deal with any confusion further on. This will be the moment where you can share your desires with the specialist, and discuss what you want to obtain through this surgical intervention.
- Discuss the history of any other breast augmentation surgery you might have gone through.
- Examination of the breasts
- Expressing your needs and preferences in terms of breast appearance
During your initial consultation you can also find out more details about the surgeon who will be performing the procedure, and thus conclude if they are the perfect and most reliable option for you.
The composite breast augmentation surgery focuses on a fat transfer technique that offers a larger volume and long-term results. Being the better alternative to fat harvest technique, fat graft take unites the top quality of modern silicone with a better cleavage shaping, palpability and breast gap. Although the procedure is a rather complex one, involving micro-fat grafting techniques, the outcomes are ones that make it a rewarding option. Combining fat and implants, the process will provide optimal results, and the scarring involved is minimal.
What can you expect during the recovery period?
Although the recovery period and process varies from one patient to another, depending on each individual, usually two or three days of recovery time are needed after this type of procedure. It has become quite a popular fact the impressive fast recovery that composite breast augmentation involves, many patients being able to return to work even in less than a week after undergoing the procedure. If you are worried that opting for this intervention might affect your schedule, after discussing with a specialist you will obtain peace of mind.
Potential side effects
The potential side effects that patients might deal with are similar to what can occur with traditional breast implant surgery. Because it is important for you to be informed properly right from the start, and thus be prepared for any complications, learning about the potential side effects of the procedure is recommended.
Potential side effects include:
- The need for additional surgeries – a potential risk you might encounter is the need to undergo additional surgeries, due to either complications or unsatisfying results. Although this situation might happen, if the surgeon who is performing the procedure is highly qualified and experienced, the chances of dealing with this side effect are slim.
- Capsular contracture
- Changes in breast and nipple sensation – When undergoing composite or traditional breast augmentation, one potential side effect that you might already be aware of is a change in breast and nipple sensation.
- Pain – Dealing with pain in the breast or nipple area is normal during your recovery period, but if the feeling of pain prolongs itself for a longer period of time, it is advised to be re-examined by your breast implant specialist
- Rupture with or without symptoms
Centre for Surgery currently offers composite breast augmentation. Contact us today to find out more information or book a consultation.