Labiaplasty surgery, also known as labia minora reduction surgery, is a highly effective procedure for addressing the size and shape of the labia minora. Many women have found their quality of life to be improved significantly as a result of the procedure although given the intimate nature of what a Labiaplasty involves, many patients find it difficult to discuss their concerns with a medical professional.
What does labiaplasty surgery involve?
Labiaplasty surgery is designed to reduce and reshape the inner lips of the labia, also referred to as the labia minora, so that the labia minora can be well concealed by the outer labia majora. Many women find that the labia minora are much larger and may even protrude beyond the margins of the labia majora and for many women, this can be a source of significant psychological and also physical discomfort.
The labiaplasty procedure is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that can be carried out as an outpatient under a local anaesthetic in the vast majority of cases and is associated with very little discomfort during the postoperative period. It is completely normal to experience a mild to moderate degree of bruising and swelling following the labiaplasty surgery, but these side effects rapidly settle down after 3 to 4 days. Many patients will tell our post-operative nurses that their recovery was much smoother than expected and were surprised that the labiaplasty procedure was very well tolerated.
For patients with mild to moderate degrees of labia minora enlargement, a local anaesthetic injected into the labia will facilitate a pain-free and comfortable procedure. Patients with larger degrees of labia minora enlargement may prefer to have the procedure under a general anaesthetic. Our expert surgeons can advise you on what could work best for you.
Once the labia has been surgically reduced in size, the surgeon will use absorbable sutures without needing them removed at a post-operative appointment. There are a number of different techniques for performing a labiaplasty, including:
- Trim method
- Wedge method
- Depithelialisation method
Why do women choose to have a surgical labiaplasty?
The decision to undertake level reduction surgery is often a very personalised one and women choose to have labiaplasty surgery for many different reasons. For many women, the presence of overly large labia can result in pain or discomfort during everyday activities such as exercise or even just sitting down, and they may have difficulty applying a tampon. Some women may even have discomfort during sexual intercourse.
The other main reason for seeking labiaplasty surgery is to improve the aesthetic appearance of the labia, as many women may find their labia to be a source of aesthetic concern. Over time, many women may develop a lack of self-confidence, affecting their ability to form intimate relationships. Women who have had a labiaplasty carried out for aesthetic reasons often remark on the massive boost in self-confidence the procedure has given them.
If you have been considering having a labia minora reduction or labia majora reduction, otherwise known as labiaplasty surgery, you can be assured of receiving the very best treatment with our dedicated gynaecologists. Centre for Surgery is home to is some of the most experienced labiaplasty surgeons in the field and have carried out in excess of 250 labiaplasty procedures each year.
For further information about the labiaplasty procedure or if you would like to book a consultation at Centre for Surgery, please give us a call and speak to one of our friendly and knowledgeable patient coordinators to see how we can help you.
Things to consider before having labiaplasty surgery
We believe that the best outcomes after labiaplasty surgery happen when patients make the right choice of clinic and surgeon.
1. In deciding on the right clinic for you, always carry out extensive research and choose a well-established and reputable clinic. Centre for Surgery are specialist in labiaplasty surgery and has been established for many years. Our patient coordinators and surgeons are here to answer any questions you may have to empower you with the right information.
2. Your choice of surgeon should be based on their qualifications, experience and a record of good patient feedback. You should know who you will be seeing before your consultation. At Centre for Surgery, our doctors are specially selected after a rigorous appointment process to ensure they have the right skill set to perform procedures safely.
3. When choosing to have cosmetic surgery or reconstructive procedures, you should not base your decision on price alone. It is important to make sure you are having treatment in a safe and regulated environment by staff who are both fully trained and caring to look after your needs – before, during and after your procedure.
4. Avoid clinics that offer a ‘hard-sell’. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Ask the surgeon what techniques will be used. Surgeons at Centre for Surgery perform all types of labiaplasty surgery, including complex reconstructive surgery of the female genitalia.
We believe patient safety and happy, satisfied patients are the bedrock of our reputation as an ethical provider of cosmetic surgery. Our doctors are known for giving straightforward and honest advice, and you can be assured that your journey with Centre for Surgery will be a positive experience on the path to renewed self-confidence.
Why Choose Centre for Surgery for Labiaplasty Surgery
Deciding to undergo labiaplasty is a significant and personal choice. At Centre for Surgery, we are committed to ensuring your journey is smooth, comfortable, and ultimately fulfilling. Here’s why we stand as a leading choice for labiaplasty in London and beyond.
Industry-Leading Expertise and Care
Our surgeons are not just highly qualified; they come with extensive experience in the field of labiaplasty. The entire team is focused on delivering ethical, compassionate care that is customised to your unique needs. You are our priority from the moment you step into our facility until you complete your postoperative care.
We pride ourselves on our state-of-the-art surgical centre designed explicitly for gynaecological and cosmetic procedures. This allows us to provide top-notch care while managing costs. We welcome patients not only from London but from Birmingham, Manchester, Scotland, and even international locations.
Transparent Finance Options
We understand that financing a surgical procedure can be a concern, which is why we offer various finance options, including a 0% APR with Chrysalis Finance. This enables you to go ahead with the treatment you desire without any financial stress.
Real Patients, Real Testimonials
Don’t just take our word for it; hear from some of our satisfied patients:
- “The staff and surgeons at Centre for Surgery are second to none. My labiaplasty procedure was smooth, and the aftercare was exceptional.” – Laura, London
- “From the first consultation to the final check-up, Centre for Surgery exceeded all my expectations. I couldn’t be more satisfied with the results.” – Karen, Birmingham
- “The team at Centre for Surgery were incredibly professional and reassuring. I felt I was in safe hands throughout the entire process.” – Samantha, Manchester
For further insights and details, visit the following:
Contact Us for Consultation
Ready to take the next step in your healthcare journey? Reach out to us to book your consultation:
- 📞 Phone: 0207 993 4849
- 📧 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 📍 Address: 95-97 Baker Street, London W1U 6RN
Your comfort, well-being, and satisfaction are our utmost priorities. We look forward to welcoming you at our Baker Street clinic and guiding you through a fulfilling labiaplasty experience.