The mummy makeover is one of our most requested procedures at Centre for Surgery, with many patients calling us each week to enquire about what the procedure involves. Mummy makeover UK is a major procedure which may lead many women to consider if mummy makeover is worth it.
What does a mummy makeover include?
Mummy makeover is used to describe a combination of surgical procedures to enhance a woman’s body and help her achieve her aesthetic goals. Mummy makeovers can help to improve a woman’s physique and increase self-confidence after having children.
RELATED: What is a Mummy Makeover?
The most common procedures which may be performed as part of a mummy makeover include:
- Breast augmentation
- Breast lift (mastopexy)
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
Why do women have mummy makeover surgery?
Several factors, including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and significant changes in weight, can leave their mark on a woman’s body. Women who have had multiple pregnancies with and associated with gaining weight may find there are certain areas of the body which have been adversely affected, leading to droopy breasts, saggy skin and excess fat.
After pregnancy and childbirth, many women may find it increasingly difficult to deal with excess weight in areas which are difficult to shift with diet and exercise alone. The most stubborn areas include the lower abdomen, love handles and thighs. Mummy makeovers can also help to get rid of stretch marks and excess abdominal skin. Sagging breasts can be effectively lifted as part of a mummy makeover.
Which procedures can be performed as part of a mummy makeover?
- Liposuction – liposuction is commonly performed as part of mummy makeover surgery. The procedure is designed to get rid of stubborn areas of excess body fat in areas such as the abdomen, thighs or buttocks. Most women find it very difficult to get rid of fat from these areas despite having a healthy diet and exercising regularly. Liposuction is most commonly combined with a tummy tuck to contour and sculpt the abdomen.
- Tummy tuck – tummy tuck or abdominoplasty surgery is designed to get rid of excess skin and repair weak abdominal muscles after pregnancy and childbirth. A tummy tuck should not be viewed as a substitute for weight loss. Women need to be at a healthy weight before being considered for a tummy tuck. Abdominoplasty surgery involves repairing weak abdominal muscles combined with excess skin removal depending on the extent of surgical correction required.
- Breast augmentation – breast implant surgery involves the insertion of silicone breast implants into the breast tissue to enhance volume and give a rounder and fuller appearance. The best way to determine the appropriate size, shape and type of breast implants is to have a consultation with a consultant plastic surgeon at our Baker Street clinic.
- Breast lift (mastopexy) – breast uplift surgery does not involve the use of breast implants. Instead, it makes use of your own breast tissue, which is surgically repositioned to produce perkier and more youthful-looking breasts. The position of the nipples can be elevated, and excess skin can be removed to tighten the breasts.
- Breast reduction – in some cases, women may prefer to reduce the size and volume of their breasts instead of enhancing volume. Breast reduction helps to give women a significant boost in self-confidence and can help to reduce skin irritation caused by poorly fitting bras. Back, neck or shoulder pain can be effectively eliminated with breast reduction surgery.
RELATED: All about Mummy Makeover
What does a mummy makeover involve?
Your mummy makeover procedure will take place at our state-of-the-art Baker Street clinic in Marylebone. When you arrive on the day of your procedure, you’ll be greeted by one of our admission nurses, who will take you to the admission suite, where you’ll be prepared for your procedure. Your vital signs will be measured, and you will be reviewed by your Anaesthetist to confirm your medical fitness for surgery. You will then be seen by your surgeon who will perform preoperative markings on your body prior to taking you through to the operating theatre.
Once you arrive in the operating theatre, you will be placed under a general anaesthetic. Mummy makeover surgery takes anywhere between three and six hours, depending on which procedures are performed. Mummy makeover surgery is always customised to the needs of the individual patient, and therefore every procedure is different.
At Centre for Surgery in London, mummy makeover is an outpatient procedure which means you will be able to go home under the care of a responsible adult escort once your procedure is complete and you are medically fit for discharge. It is normal to experience swelling and mild pain and discomfort for the first 2 to 3 weeks after surgery. You will be given a prescription for painkillers by your doctor, and it is important to wear compression garments as instructed. You’ll be given detailed instructions on how to look after your surgical site and which side effects to be aware of after mummy makeover.
RELATED: How long is mummy makeover recovery?
What are the benefits of a mummy makeover?
Childbirth is often seen as one of the most incredible experiences a woman can have, and motherhood can be a joyful experience. The unconditional love and selfless acts which mothers find themselves accustomed to may result in one aspect being given less attention, and that is their own self-care and well-being. Mothers often spend a great deal of time looking after their children, and they often forget to look after their own care. The impact of pregnancy, childbirth and changes in body weight can have a significant impact on the body, which may result in many mothers feeling exhausted. Many women often develop a lot of self-confidence when they find they can no longer fit into the pre-pregnancy clothing, or they may notice their breasts appear less perky than they previously were. A mummy makeover can help to address these pregnancy-related changes.
RELATED: How much does a mummy makeover cost?
Book a mummy makeover consultation at Centre for Surgery today
Every woman deserves to feel confident and comfortable in their own body. A mummy makeover is specifically customised to your needs and preferences. The procedure can achieve dramatic transformations, which will help you to feel more confident in your body and physique. Once you have decided to make the first step in your mummy makeover journey, give us a call today at 0207 993 4849 or complete the contact form below to book a consultation with an expert consultant plastic surgeon at our state-of-the-art Baker Street clinic in Marylebone.